Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Naughty Dog, Inc.

Company »

Naughty Dog, Inc. is a US-based game developer founded in 1984, who was later acquired by Sony Corp. in 2001. They develop exclusively for Sony-branded platforms.

What's your favourite Naughty Dog last generation game? (PS3 game)

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

Poll What's your favourite Naughty Dog last generation game? (PS3 game) (130 votes)

Uncharted 1 3%
    Uncharted 2 37%
    Uncharted 3 3%
    Last of Us 49%
    Show me the results 8%

What's your ND favourite game? And why?

• 
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Uncharted 2 was pretty amazing

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By ArtisanBreads

It's Uncharted 2 by a good amount for me. Just had such great moments through the single player campaign (the train, convoy, helicopter chase sequence). Looked incredible. The dialogue was great and it pulled off "modern day Indiana Jones" very well.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

The Last of Us, by virtue of it actually being good.

Man, Naughty makes some good post apocalypses *ahem, Jak 3*.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Jeust

My favourite is Uncharted 1. It is so endering getting to know all the regular characters. Meeting Sully and hearing his funny stories. Getting to know Nathan Drake, and seeing Nate interact with Elena, all in a well paced, albeit repetitive, treasure hunt. I liked the gameplay, that I don't feel really evolved significantly in the following titles, but that naive sense of discovery for the first time was what got me to like it so much,

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By csl316

Uncharted 2, especially at the time it came out, was a god damn incredible experience. 1 was a foundation, 2 made good on its potential.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6  Edited By Castiel

The Last of Us closely followed by Uncharted 2.

Man, I love those games.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Last of Us is great but I still really enjoyed the first Uncharted. I've said it a few times but I like the idea of the entire game taking place in one setting for the most part instead of the global adventures of 2 and 3. Enjoyed all of them but 1 stays close to my heart. Last of Us is fantastic but that combat got annoying and near the middle to end I was just wishing I was watching cutscenes. That reveal of Salt Lake City is....outstanding.

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's like choosing your favorite child. Let's be honest, we're talking about top tier games here. I just started playing The Last of Us a couple days ago, and after a couple of sessions I began thinking to myself that man, Naughty Dog really is the best in the business at what thy do, by a country mile. They must have some super talented people working there. I can not wait to see what they can do with a Playstation 4.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By Nodima

It's the Last of Us, but if I were to make a case for each...

Uncharted: Strong nostalgia factor, given for quite a while I owned a PS3 without any games. I'd sit in my dorm playing Guitar Hero 2 on PS2 most of the time, and whenever I wanted to fire the PS3 up it was the Uncharted and DIRT demoes I'd turn to over and over again. Also perhaps the bravest and smartest time in the entire series is the first hour or so of this game, which features absolutely no combat and sets an incredible atmosphere thanks to it. Naughty Dog and other game designers would do well to learn from the example they set here (the closest comparison I can think of is the first half hour of Bioshock Infinite).

Uncharted 2: It's an amazing thrill ride, many of its set pieces and locations are among the most memorable of the generation. And yes, that counts for a lot. But this was also the game in the series that exposed Naughty Dog's gun combat as fundamentally flawed, it just doesn't feel like you're hitting the enemy until they're dead (and it takes a LOT to kill the PMC enemies), and once the magic gets involved just as with Uncharted the whole thing becomes a mess of frustrating gameplay threatening to swallow a neat story whole.

Uncharted 3: Unlike most users on this board, I feel like Uncharted 3 took everything Uncharted 2 did well and put a compelling game on top of it. The gunplay still feels loose, but the challenge finally feels balanced for the majority of the game, so much so that where I flipped both previous games to Easy somewhere in the final third of the game, this one I immediately started a Hard play through after game one. Uncharted 3, to me, is likely the perfect action game, with amazing cutscenes (particularly whenever Drake deals with Marlowe face-to-face) and finally the gameplay to match. It probably helps that I played all three just this past May-July, so there wasn't any sort of lingering nostalgia for 2 when I got to 3. By the end of 2, I was shaking my head constantly at all the mistakes from the original they were so stubborn to make again. But 3 was just a dream.

The Last of Us: Which just goes to show how great I thought the Last of Us was that this decision came to be before the thread was done loading. I recently had some old friends in town for the holidays who don't game as much as they used to, and when I showed them this game (the opening sequence and the first couple Joel & Tess combat tutorials followed by the hotel area with Ellie from the infamous E3 demo) they were flabbergasted, could not believe what they were seeing. Drop that game in front of someone who primarily plays small Steam and iOs stuff or sports games from a couple years ago and their jaws will be permanently affixed to the ground. I had forgotten just how complex the enemy encounters could become in a tense firefight gone wrong, and we were all on the edge of our seats pretty much the instant I threw the game on both times. The game's not perfect - one especially annoying quibble I have with the game is how the A.I. seems to become more and more erratic at the beginning of encounters as the game goes on, to the point they're essentially sprinting in random patterns like bugs - but it's perfect enough.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Last of Us

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#11  Edited By Yummylee
    @castiel said:

The Last of Us closely followed by Uncharted 2.

Man, I love those games.

This is my take as well. Uncharted 1 has a lot of nostalgia for me since it was my first PS3 game that I truly loved -- completed that sucka about 5 times! But it can only mainly be praised nowadays as a jumping point that would lead into the existence of Uncharted 2, and by comparison Drake's Fortune is pretty damn bad in terms of actually playing the thing as a TPS. Eddy Raja's a great villain, though, and it has some of Sully's best lines.

Uncharted 3 can go fuck itself. It has some fun multiplayer at least.

Avatar image for deactivated-6620058d9fa01
    deactivated-6620058d9fa01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

None of them.

markini6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#13  Edited By markini6

The Last of Us has my mind but Uncharted 2 has my heart.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Uncharted 2, I guess. Haven't gotten around to playing Uncharted 3 yet, but I preferred both 1 & 2 to The Last of Us by a country mile.

butano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Uncharted 2. Like Jeff, the story parts for The Last of Us were fine, but the encounters and actually playing the game I just could not stand for some reason. Uncharted 2 was just super fun and amazing to watch and was the reason I picked up a PS3, along with Demon's Souls.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Fredchuckdave

The Last of Us is the best but I still have a fondness for Uncharted 2. Uncharted 3 has the best co-op mode out of any shooter on the PS3 though.

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By happenstance

Uncharted 2.

I had to give up on The Last of Us as I couldnt get along with the gameplay. Shame because I was really enjoying the story.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Last of Us was nothing revolutionary but it was still a pretty well made game. I'd give my vote to Uncharted 2, though.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

The Last of Us is the best but I still have a fondness for Uncharted 2. Uncharted 3 has the best co-op mode out of any shooter on the PS3 though.

Resistance 2 would like a word.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Uncharted, since it was the first PS3 game I played. It was Damn impressive at the time.

Don't particularly care for the rest.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Uncharted 2.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Zeik

Either Uncharted 2 or The Last of Us . I'd probably give the edge to The last of Us for the stronger story and more ambitious gameplay. Uncharted is a good 3rd person shooter, but that's all it is.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

They're all great, but I think it's a toss up between Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us. As a whole package, Uncharted 3 felt the most complete and the most satisfying. But The Last of Us was such a nice surprise, and the high points of that story topped what any of the Uncharted games brought to the table. So I'll go with The Last of Us.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncharted 2 and the Last of Us. Voted for the Last of Us

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I would vote for Uncharted 2 over The Last of Us. I was one of the people that didn't like the combat in The Last of Us very much. The story is certainly better, but I thought the story in Uncharted 2 was fun, and the gameplay was awesome.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still waiting for them to make a good one.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

last of us because of the story and tactical gameplay.

flasaltine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By flasaltine

I thought that The Last of Us was pretty good. I haven't played Uncharted 1 but Uncharted 2 and 3 have that really light heated Indiana Jones feel. Good action and a fun historical treasure hunt story is all I really need to like something. It is why I liked the National Treasure movies. The Uncharted games are just so much more fun than The Last of Us. Out of Uncharted 2 and 3, I chose 2.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By handlas

Well that's easy ya silly. Always thought Uncharted was overrated. The Last of Us is possibly the best thing on PS3. If there is only one game I was able to own... it would be a toss up between it and Red Dead anyway...

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I know I'm probably the only one voting Uncharted 3, but I stand by my vote!

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uncharted 2 was amazing, but oh man, The Last of Us. Fuck.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I only played Uncharted 1 and 2 but didn't like either of them.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

Tough to say. I think the story in Last of Us edged out the story in Uncharted 2 but the gameplay in Last of Us was really something that didn't interest me. I'm goin with Uncharted 2.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

I really don't like playing the Uncharted games. The storytelling is great, very Indiana Jones, very fun, but I don't like how the gameplay was a slog of a million people who needed to have bullets put into them.

I have to say The Last of Us. It's not even really a choice. The Last of Us is the good parts of The Walking Dead mixed with the best mix of stealth play and ammo restrictive gunplay I've ever seen. It's a ton of fun and creates just the right feeling given the setting, tension and desperation. It's one of the best games of the generation. I don't think Uncharted 2 makes the list.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By stonyman65

Uncharted 2 was amazing.

I haven't played The Last of Us yet, so until I do my answer is Uncharted 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.