Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NBA 2K11

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 05, 2010

2K's long-running basketball simulator is back for another season with Michael Jordan as their cover athlete.

Classic Teams

g6065

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By g6065

Morning Everyone,

Just wondering if someone knew whether the Classic Teams within the Jordan Challenge are transferable into the association / season modes of the game?

Also, in order to make this thread discussion worthy, what teams are everyone looking forward to seeing the most?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

I'm not 100% sure, but they should be, right? I know that classic teams were available in the previous games. As long as they already have the rights to the players, I'd think they'd make those players available in as many modes as possible. 

Oh and classic Blazers will own face. (Whatever year they have in there, it doesn't matter)   :P

RedAuerbach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RedAuerbach
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " I'm not 100% sure, but they should be, right? I know that classic teams were available in the previous games. As long as they already have the rights to the players, I'd think they'd make those players available in as many modes as possible.  Oh and classic Blazers will own face. (Whatever year they have in there, it doesn't matter)   :P "
    Own face over the 86 Celtics? Nuh..uh.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @RedAuerbach said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:
    " I'm not 100% sure, but they should be, right? I know that classic teams were available in the previous games. As long as they already have the rights to the players, I'd think they'd make those players available in as many modes as possible.  Oh and classic Blazers will own face. (Whatever year they have in there, it doesn't matter)   :P "
    Own face over the 86 Celtics? Nuh..uh. "
    Over anyone. Always.
    RedAuerbach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RedAuerbach
    @JJWeatherman: The only weapons Portland '91 has is Drexler, Porter, and Robinson. That's going to win against Boston's Bird, DJ, McHale, Parish and even Walton? I'll say it again, nuh uh.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @RedAuerbach
    @JJWeatherman: The only weapons Portland '91 has is Drexler, Porter, and Robinson. That's going to win against Boston's Bird, DJ, McHale, Parish and even Walton? I'll say it again, nuh uh.
    If there's one thing that Leigh Alexander and I agree on, it's that Boston sucks.
    RedAuerbach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RedAuerbach
    @JJWeatherman said:

" @RedAuerbach

If there's one thing that Leigh Alexander and I agree on, it's that Boston sucks. "
    Portland titles: 1 Boston titles: 17. Portland sucks. It's amazing that the NBA would take a team like Seattle and move them but not move the embarrassment of what was once a contending team. The fact that Portland won't make it to the playoffs and that most fans bandwagoned over to L.A makes them worse than the Knicks.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @RedAuerbach said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:

" @RedAuerbach

If there's one thing that Leigh Alexander and I agree on, it's that Boston sucks. "
    Portland titles: 1 Boston titles: 17. Portland sucks. It's amazing that the NBA would take a team like Seattle and move them but not move the embarrassment of what was once a contending team. The fact that Portland won't make it to the playoffs and that most fans bandwagoned over to L.A makes them worse than the Knicks. "
    Wow, troll much? 

And just so you know, Portland nearly filled their arena yesterday for a team scrimmage game. Best fans in the league. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @RedAuerbach: While I'm a Lakers fan, I gotta defend JJWeatherman here. The Blazers are far from an embarrassment, man. They just keep getting better too. If they can stay healthy, they can be serious threat.

Anyway, as for the original post, I know the Seattle Supersonics are there. I saw their arena in one of the screenshots. Hopefully the Thunder can play with the classic Supersonic jerseys. I was disappointed with some of the jersey selections in the last game. Some teams got a lot of love in that regard (like the Cavs), while other teams were straight up robbed. 

Any of the teams that the Bulls played against during the Jordan challenge mode will be there. I think there's like 10 different challenges, so I expect that there will be at least 8 different teams. The Suns, Lakers, and Jazz should certainly be there.

Actually, checking out NBA 2K11 page, it seems this question has been answered.

1. Boston Celtics (1986)
    2. Cleveland Cavaliers (1990)
    3. Atlanta Hawks (1990)
    4. Detroit Pistons (1990)
    5. Los Angeles Lakers (1991)
    6. Portland Trailblazers (1992)
    7. New York Knicks (1995)
    8. Seattle Supersonics (1996)
    9.  Utah Jazz (1997)
    10. Utah Jazz (1998)

Edit: Also, I now realize this isn't what the original post was asking for. Ha, oh well. I imagine these teams will only be used in the Jordan Challenge mode and maybe in exhibition matches. I'm just speculating, though.
    heavyplay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By heavyplay
    @TheGreatGuero:
    I haven't played an NBA game for ages, but from that list this game looks like NBA 1K990's. That's pretty much the best thing they could have done for this game. I'm totally checking it out. Can't wait to play as Kemp in his prime.
    buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By buzz_clik
    @JJWeatherman said:

"  If there's one thing that Leigh Alexander and I agree on, it's that Boston sucks. "

Well, that and "maths is hard" ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.