Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NBA 2K11

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 05, 2010

2K's long-running basketball simulator is back for another season with Michael Jordan as their cover athlete.

My Player: The Continued Story of William Higgs (episode II)

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Edited By yevinorion

What a few weeks it has been! Higgs has been on the up and up, fighting for more minutes on the court. The coaching staff obviously know they have a potential star on their hands now as they've finally promoted me to a starter! Not only that, but my minutes have risen even after being named starter and now I'm playing 38 mins a game, the same minutes as LeBron and Wade. Our starting line up for the Heat right now is: 

PG    Dwyane Wade  
    SG    William Higgs 
    SF     LeBron James 
    PF     Chris Bosh 
    C       Zydrunas Ilgauskas

So I guess you could say I am a legitimate starter in the NBA now and with expanded minutes comes more opportunity for greatness. 

I won my first Player of the Week award as I scored my first, second and third double double all in one week. That was a hell of a milestone, especially considering that every previous week of the season, except one, LeBron had won it in the east. Although it might be the best, it was not my only accomplishment recently. Jordan Brand designed my own billboard (WH7 bitches!) and even got me on the cover of Sports Illustrated as "The Next Big Thing?". All I need now is to get my own signature Jordans and I'll really feel like I've arrived. My career has never been better. I did miss those 10 games early in the season due to injury so I'm not even in the running when you look at the league leaders in stats, but I am leading all rookies in points scored, blocked shots and rebounds per game. If I keep this up, I may end up a candidate for Rookie of the Year.  

My next game is gonna be a big one. Miami at the Lakers on Christmas Day. A key game for sure. Now in real life, Miami abused the Lakers at home, here's to hoping Higgs can be the difference maker and help make that true in my career. I'll have to try and hit a couple milestones this game to get as many extra skill points as possible. Right now I'm working on my 3pt shot so that I can be a threat from behind the arc and help spread the floor on offense.  

So I'll sign off on this update with a little video of a sweet reverse layup I got on the Cavs. Go Heat! 

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#1  Edited By yevinorion

What a few weeks it has been! Higgs has been on the up and up, fighting for more minutes on the court. The coaching staff obviously know they have a potential star on their hands now as they've finally promoted me to a starter! Not only that, but my minutes have risen even after being named starter and now I'm playing 38 mins a game, the same minutes as LeBron and Wade. Our starting line up for the Heat right now is: 

PG    Dwyane Wade  
    SG    William Higgs 
    SF     LeBron James 
    PF     Chris Bosh 
    C       Zydrunas Ilgauskas

So I guess you could say I am a legitimate starter in the NBA now and with expanded minutes comes more opportunity for greatness. 

I won my first Player of the Week award as I scored my first, second and third double double all in one week. That was a hell of a milestone, especially considering that every previous week of the season, except one, LeBron had won it in the east. Although it might be the best, it was not my only accomplishment recently. Jordan Brand designed my own billboard (WH7 bitches!) and even got me on the cover of Sports Illustrated as "The Next Big Thing?". All I need now is to get my own signature Jordans and I'll really feel like I've arrived. My career has never been better. I did miss those 10 games early in the season due to injury so I'm not even in the running when you look at the league leaders in stats, but I am leading all rookies in points scored, blocked shots and rebounds per game. If I keep this up, I may end up a candidate for Rookie of the Year.  

My next game is gonna be a big one. Miami at the Lakers on Christmas Day. A key game for sure. Now in real life, Miami abused the Lakers at home, here's to hoping Higgs can be the difference maker and help make that true in my career. I'll have to try and hit a couple milestones this game to get as many extra skill points as possible. Right now I'm working on my 3pt shot so that I can be a threat from behind the arc and help spread the floor on offense.  

So I'll sign off on this update with a little video of a sweet reverse layup I got on the Cavs. Go Heat! 

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

I would have swatted that layup.  :P 

If you created a player with the initials of AS and had him at number 5, then that would make a nice billboard. 

My player's continuing to grow as well. I'm rated about 65 now and I recently got my dunk skill maxed and gave him LeBron's dunk package. Thinking of changing it to Iguodala's though since LeBron's just look silly coming out of a smaller guard. I'm about to finish up my second playoff series, sweeping both the Kings and hopefully the Hornets if I can win this last game. So far averaging 35.5 PPG, 5.5 RPG, 2 APG and 1 BPG in the playoffs. I'm a rookie sensation!  :P

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

My My Player is single handedly destroying his own team from within, Oklahoma City. We have the third worst record in the league, our coach has been fired, and let me say that again, the Thunder have a worse record than the T'Wolves. But hey, I'm still leading the vote for Rookie of the Year, so it's not my fault at all right?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @OwnlyUzinWonHan said:
    " My My Player is single handedly destroying his own team from within, Oklahoma City. We have the third worst record in the league, our coach has been fired, and let me say that again, the Thunder have a worse record than the T'Wolves. But hey, I'm still leading the vote for Rookie of the Year, so it's not my fault at all right? "
    lmao. How have you managed that? Do you just demand the ball every play? Seems like Durant would take over most of the time. I'm on the Spurs and even Timmy Duncan gets a ton of shots. It's kind of ridiculous actually considering the scorer that I am. Gimmie more shots, coach!
    Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan
    @JJWeatherman:  That's the thing though! KD has so many plays that he never seems to convert on, so when he's on the bench, it becomes a game of "Oh god, we need to score as many points as possible before he gets back in!".  I think I should be asked to be traded to a legitimately terrible team so we all go for for open shots, not "I'm Kevin Durant so I can make everything, wait I can't? Oh no!"
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @OwnlyUzinWonHan said:
    " @JJWeatherman:  That's the thing though! KD has so many plays that he never seems to convert on, so when he's on the bench, it becomes a game of "Oh god, we need to score as many points as possible before he gets back in!".  I think I should be asked to be traded to a legitimately terrible team so we all go for for open shots, not "I'm Kevin Durant so I can make everything, wait I can't? Oh no!" "
    I'm not sure this is possible within My Player mode, but maybe go into his edit player mode and turn down his shot tendencies? I just now thought of that, so I'll have to try it on TD.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.