Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NBA 2K11

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 05, 2010

2K's long-running basketball simulator is back for another season with Michael Jordan as their cover athlete.

My Player: The Continued Story of William Higgs (episode IV)

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Edited By yevinorion

And what a story it is folks. Higgs has proved the doubters wrong and busted through the last of the regular season earning not only the Rookie of the Year award, but also the league leader in scoring! But you know, that wasn't quite enough for him. Hungry for more victory, he helped the Heat power through the playoffs sweeping the Cavs (who where the 8th seed) in 4 games and going on to face the Magic in the second round. It was a serious battle with the dominant Dwight Howard, taking the first two games at home and dropping two in Orlando. We held in for the final two however and went on to beat them in six. 

This led to an amazing series in the Eastern Conference finals with the Heat taking on their northern rivals, the Boston Celtics. This was one for the ages, with Bosh getting injured in the first game in Miami and although he still played, was seriously subdued. We lost game one at home and fought valiantly to at least claim game two on our home court. Then we shifted to Boston where the Celtics showed us how they protect their home court and busted us up in the next two games in TD Garden. Ray Allen was devouring us from downtown and Perkins (I started MP before the big trades) was clogging up the paint something serious. Down 1-3 with our NBA Finals hopes in the wings, we fought hard to get our next win at home. Heading back to Boston, things were looking rough, with us down in the series 2-3 we had to win out to make our way to the Finals. Sure enough, we were able to do just that with LeBron going off for a triple double in Boston in Game 6. Tied up 3-3 we took advantage of our home court and dominated them in the final game shooting an outrageous 54% as a team with Higgs and Wade being key in the clutch and keeping them from a comeback in the fourth quarter with some amazing 3 pointers in the final few minutes of the game. Definitely the most exciting series I've played so far. 

Compared to the Eastern Conference Finals, the actual NBA Finals felt like a pushover. We met up with the Jazz of all teams, that D-Will had led there through all of the West. In fact I think they beat the Thunder in the Western Conf Finals to get there. The series was a joke as we dominated the Jazz sweeping them in just four games. Bit of a let down as far as a challenge, but Higgs was more than happy with his stellar performance and hardware to prove it as he won Finals MVP in his rookie year! 

It was the culmination of a fantastic rookie year for Higgs that, although fraught with injury, still showed the league he would be a force to be reckoned with for years to come. The only sad part was really for the Heat as even in their celebration of their second ever NBA Championship, Higgs was looking for somewhere his talents could be more appreciated. Drafted to a team that already had a big three, it was only through his unexpected greatness he managed to get the minutes he did. Now it was time to leave this big three to find a team where his need would be much greater. Three teams came calling in the offseason looking for some help on their squad. Perennial greats, the LA Lakers were the first to call. With Kobe aging in the 2 guard position, he was just what they would need to revitalize their franchise for years to come. Secondly Orlando came looking for an up and coming talent to stick next to Dwight Howard in their race for their first championship title.  

Ultimately though, it was the team closest to his heart that got him to sign. Chicago with their stampeding Bulls had finished 3rd in the East, but suffered a first round upset and fell out of the playoffs early. With a budding superstar in Derrick Rose, an energetic and charismatic center in Joakim Noah, a strong low post presence in Carlos Boozer and a hard working, blue collar guy in Luol Deng, Chicago's greatest need was just what Higgs aka The Beast™ could provide: scoring at the 2 spot. He was welcomed with open arms and through a hard offseason of intense practices and workouts, he's starting to feel right at home. 

We started the new season with a bang, rushing out to a 6-0 lead on the season knocking the Heat from the number one Power Ranking spot and showing the league that we're for real this year. Higgs is averaging 56 points a game shooting 58% and 65% from deep, along with 7 rebounds and 3 assists. Oh and those Lakers I was talking about? Yeah...this is what I think of that: 

So things are heated up, I'm trying to get on the All-Star team this year, get the MVP and make the All-NBA First team. Time to bring another three-peat to Chi-town. 

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By yevinorion

And what a story it is folks. Higgs has proved the doubters wrong and busted through the last of the regular season earning not only the Rookie of the Year award, but also the league leader in scoring! But you know, that wasn't quite enough for him. Hungry for more victory, he helped the Heat power through the playoffs sweeping the Cavs (who where the 8th seed) in 4 games and going on to face the Magic in the second round. It was a serious battle with the dominant Dwight Howard, taking the first two games at home and dropping two in Orlando. We held in for the final two however and went on to beat them in six. 

This led to an amazing series in the Eastern Conference finals with the Heat taking on their northern rivals, the Boston Celtics. This was one for the ages, with Bosh getting injured in the first game in Miami and although he still played, was seriously subdued. We lost game one at home and fought valiantly to at least claim game two on our home court. Then we shifted to Boston where the Celtics showed us how they protect their home court and busted us up in the next two games in TD Garden. Ray Allen was devouring us from downtown and Perkins (I started MP before the big trades) was clogging up the paint something serious. Down 1-3 with our NBA Finals hopes in the wings, we fought hard to get our next win at home. Heading back to Boston, things were looking rough, with us down in the series 2-3 we had to win out to make our way to the Finals. Sure enough, we were able to do just that with LeBron going off for a triple double in Boston in Game 6. Tied up 3-3 we took advantage of our home court and dominated them in the final game shooting an outrageous 54% as a team with Higgs and Wade being key in the clutch and keeping them from a comeback in the fourth quarter with some amazing 3 pointers in the final few minutes of the game. Definitely the most exciting series I've played so far. 

Compared to the Eastern Conference Finals, the actual NBA Finals felt like a pushover. We met up with the Jazz of all teams, that D-Will had led there through all of the West. In fact I think they beat the Thunder in the Western Conf Finals to get there. The series was a joke as we dominated the Jazz sweeping them in just four games. Bit of a let down as far as a challenge, but Higgs was more than happy with his stellar performance and hardware to prove it as he won Finals MVP in his rookie year! 

It was the culmination of a fantastic rookie year for Higgs that, although fraught with injury, still showed the league he would be a force to be reckoned with for years to come. The only sad part was really for the Heat as even in their celebration of their second ever NBA Championship, Higgs was looking for somewhere his talents could be more appreciated. Drafted to a team that already had a big three, it was only through his unexpected greatness he managed to get the minutes he did. Now it was time to leave this big three to find a team where his need would be much greater. Three teams came calling in the offseason looking for some help on their squad. Perennial greats, the LA Lakers were the first to call. With Kobe aging in the 2 guard position, he was just what they would need to revitalize their franchise for years to come. Secondly Orlando came looking for an up and coming talent to stick next to Dwight Howard in their race for their first championship title.  

Ultimately though, it was the team closest to his heart that got him to sign. Chicago with their stampeding Bulls had finished 3rd in the East, but suffered a first round upset and fell out of the playoffs early. With a budding superstar in Derrick Rose, an energetic and charismatic center in Joakim Noah, a strong low post presence in Carlos Boozer and a hard working, blue collar guy in Luol Deng, Chicago's greatest need was just what Higgs aka The Beast™ could provide: scoring at the 2 spot. He was welcomed with open arms and through a hard offseason of intense practices and workouts, he's starting to feel right at home. 

We started the new season with a bang, rushing out to a 6-0 lead on the season knocking the Heat from the number one Power Ranking spot and showing the league that we're for real this year. Higgs is averaging 56 points a game shooting 58% and 65% from deep, along with 7 rebounds and 3 assists. Oh and those Lakers I was talking about? Yeah...this is what I think of that: 

So things are heated up, I'm trying to get on the All-Star team this year, get the MVP and make the All-NBA First team. Time to bring another three-peat to Chi-town. 

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CaptainCody

What
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Dude. Who knocked out the Lakers in the west? There's no way the Jazz could have done it.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

Our players are both dicks for leaving their team after wining the championship.   =P 

I decided to leave SA and head to Orlando. Haven't played a lot of MyPlayer since joining the Magic though.

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By yevinorion
    @TheGreatGuero said:

" Dude. Who knocked out the Lakers in the west? There's no way the Jazz could have done it. "

No I'm pretty sure the Jazz got there through an easier path. I believe the Thunder actually knocked out the Lakers, but I don't quite remember. Keep in mind the CPU was trading all over the place and this was based on the rosters before the real trade deadline. So yeah, people are all over the place right now on teams. Hell, I just checked in my new season and the Cavs have Tyson Chandler and Shannon Brown right now and are 4-3 to start the season. I seem to remember Rip Hamilton being on the Knicks too and causing me some trouble (he and Vince Carter are ridiculous in this game, way better than they are in real life). 

@JJWeatherman said:

" Our players are both dicks for leaving their team after wining the championship.   =P  I decided to leave SA and head to Orlando. Haven't played a lot of MyPlayer since joining the Magic though. "

Yeah...we are dicks lol. Still, I was leading the team in scoring and they weren't really calling many plays for me and I just got pissed off with how LeBron just ball hogs all the time and insists on continually going iso when he keeps bricking shots. Now on the Bulls I'm the primary scorer. Most of the plays are called for me and D-Rose is leading the league in Assists per Game as well as scoring double figures every night. I feel a lot more comfortable in this offense and with running the CPU's plays. I hit 71 pts the other night (and 9 threes) to break the team record for most points scored in a game. I was just on fire, and with Boozer and Noah on the rebounding we get a lot of second chance points when people do miss. So I really like how it's working out now. You can check my stats and milestones here. As you can see right now I'm fully focused on scoring and athleticism. Gotta start working on my defense, passing, rebounding and post game next.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.