You Can't Beat 124.90%

#1 Posted by BeachThunder (12448 posts) -

...since that's the score that NBA 2K11 got on GameRankings. IMO, that's a pretty good score. 

According to GameRankings, it seems that a website called GamingExcellence gave the game a score of 95/10. So, judging by the aggregate score, not only is this the game of the year, but it's also the best game ever made, ever. I decided to make a special edition cover in celebration of this monumental score:

Also, screenshots in case GameRankings updates the score :o
fake edit: It looks like they just updated the scores as I was writing this. Oh well :( I still have evidence that at some point in time NBA 2K11 was the best game ever.
#2 Posted by MattyFTM (14434 posts) -

Yeah, I saw that a couple of days ago. I can't believe it's taken them this long to sort out such a glaring error.

#3 Posted by JackSukeru (5967 posts) -

Blasphemy!

#4 Posted by ChromaticPanther (66 posts) -

That first screenshot very obviously ranks it as the 2nd highest overall score.

#5 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Sure you can

#6 Posted by Hunkulese (2875 posts) -
@ChromaticPanther said:
" That first screenshot very obviously ranks it as the 2nd highest overall score. "
Yeah I noticed that too. What was number one?
#7 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

I believe the full, unedited version of the quote on the cover actually reads "that's nine hundred and fifty percent, motherfucker."
#8 Posted by ch3burashka (5262 posts) -

Decimals - hugely unappreciated.

#9 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -
@MattyFTM: Back in 2007, Lee received 25 emails about an incorrect score on a Metroid Prime 3 review. Apparently that's the most he's ever received for a single correction. Says he's never received "more than a handful" of emails about an incorrect score. Although I imagine a decent number of people saw this and had a good laugh, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't receive a single email about it.
#10 Posted by BeachThunder (12448 posts) -
@Diamond: Ah, that explains what #1 was. Damn you default 20 reviews :o
#11 Posted by JJWeatherman (14573 posts) -

Glad to know that I'll be playing one of the top three games of all time come Friday! :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.