Can you make white guys in myplayer this time?

#1 Posted by BigBrobawski (29 posts) -

I always make my players as true to me as I can whenever I play games, 2k11 is no exception. Although making a 5'11" white guy proved impossible in 2k11. I don't know why but he always just looked awkward and not even white, more light skinned african american than anything. I hated that I couldn't change his voice either. Is that an option now?

#2 Posted by trayntastic (59 posts) -

i can't speak to how effective a 5 foot 11 guy would be, but no you cant change the voice of your guy in my player.

#3 Posted by Three0neFive (2288 posts) -

racist

#4 Posted by BigBrobawski (29 posts) -

I'm not trying to be racist? I was just stating that I couldn't effectively make a player that looked like me. If I wanted to make Steve Nash Jr, I couldn't but I could make Michael Jordan Jr.

#5 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -
@Three0neFive said:
racist
#6 Edited by allworkandlowpay (874 posts) -

@BigBrobawski: Obviously it's a subtle political message from the game designers on the current role of short white men in the sport.

#7 Posted by BigBrobawski (29 posts) -

Has to be it. haha

Is this seriously going to be an issue? How is this racist? I'm a white guy, I want to make a white guy. I want to make Nick Burbaugh, 5'11" Irish kid.

Apparently that is racist to make myself as a white guy?

#8 Posted by W0lfbl1tzers (1787 posts) -
White guys.
#9 Edited by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

Beat it ya racist peckerwood honky!

Around here we like our basket players like we like our coffee. Black and strong!

#10 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

Petition to turn OP's avatar into a burning cross

#11 Posted by airconditionn (44 posts) -

This post makes me sad. Not because of OP, but because of the people that are saying this is a racist post. I can only hope that you guys are kidding.

#12 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (25 posts) -

@airconditionn said:

This post makes me sad. Not because of OP, but because of the people that are saying this is a racist post. I can only hope that you guys are kidding.

i'm sure they are

#13 Posted by airconditionn (44 posts) -

@Avenging-X-Bolt: form what I can assume... yeah. But bringing up "racism" period always disappoints me just a little. But I'm certainly alright with some harmless joking.

#14 Posted by periodic (26 posts) -

So basketball games are literally the exact opposite of RPG's I guess.

#15 Posted by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@Three0neFive said:
racist
#16 Posted by ZimboDK (848 posts) -

Smallest guy you can make is 6'5". And you can make him white. His voice though? Well, if that dude's white, he's very

@Three0neFive said:

racist
#17 Posted by awe_stuck (800 posts) -

@BigBrobawski said:

Has to be it. haha

Is this seriously going to be an issue? How is this racist? I'm a white guy, I want to make a white guy. I want to make Nick Burbaugh, 5'11" Irish kid.

Apparently that is racist to make myself as a white guy?

They are just messing with you.

Welcome to GB.

We are making fun of the game developers. They are clearly racist.

#18 Posted by BigBrobawski (29 posts) -

I guess it all goes back to "White Men Can't Jump" haha

I'm too gullible for my own good. >.>

#19 Posted by dragonzord (811 posts) -

Play some NHL 12, op. White dudes everything

#20 Posted by BigBrobawski (29 posts) -

Those are Canadians, they have to be white.

#21 Posted by Agent47 (1894 posts) -

@DjCmeP said:

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@Three0neFive said:
racist
#22 Posted by Milkman (16527 posts) -

I made a white guy just fine in last year's game.

#23 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

Well, the game has one shade of white, one shade of asian, and five shades of black. From french vanilla to dark roast. Lets face it, the NBA is a black sport while hockey is white. MLB is white/latin and the only league that is truely diverse is the NFL. Heck, last year, all you heard from joe morgan was that more blacks needed to play baseball.

#24 Posted by Focks_MacLeod (42 posts) -

@ZimboDK said:

Smallest guy you can make is 6'5".

Not if you make him a point or shooting guard. They can be as short as 5'10".

BTW, I was kinda sorta able to make Charlie Tunoku in MyPlayer. The only real problem was hair options, as the closest I could get to the P4 guy makes him look more like Yosuke. It looks alright, but looks more like a messier version of his actual hair. Will post pics when I get the chance.

#25 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Oh well, since it's bumped might as well.... racist!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.