NBA 2K12 Trade system in My Player

Posted by JCTango (1366 posts) -

There's something funny going on with this year's my player trade system. At the beginning of my player's career in the NBA, the moment he joined the Toronto Raptors, a slew of trades went into affect and almost all of the original team was traded away, bringing in other talents.

Now into my 2nd-3rd season, something funny has happened: a previous Raptors star (hated by some; loved by others) has returned: Vince Carter! I'm not quite sure if I'm entirely happy about that trade - he's getting a lot older now and has lost a bit of his touch, but he's still a pretty good 3pt shooter.

I just found it was kinda funny that the computer would make him return to where he got his teeth cut :). Has anyone else had any funny experiences with the trade system in My Player mode?

#1 Posted by JCTango (1366 posts) -

There's something funny going on with this year's my player trade system. At the beginning of my player's career in the NBA, the moment he joined the Toronto Raptors, a slew of trades went into affect and almost all of the original team was traded away, bringing in other talents.

Now into my 2nd-3rd season, something funny has happened: a previous Raptors star (hated by some; loved by others) has returned: Vince Carter! I'm not quite sure if I'm entirely happy about that trade - he's getting a lot older now and has lost a bit of his touch, but he's still a pretty good 3pt shooter.

I just found it was kinda funny that the computer would make him return to where he got his teeth cut :). Has anyone else had any funny experiences with the trade system in My Player mode?

#2 Posted by TheWadeBrigade (55 posts) -

Yeah that happens to everyone it seems like this year. On mine the Knicks decided to trade away Carmelo for some reason after i spent the first 10ish games listening to the commentators talk about how the Knicks had finally gotten their star player to build around and how they traded so much to get him. I think the only person who is still on my team that was an original member is Amar'e Stoudemire.

Also for some reason the trade logic seems to really like power forwards. At one point we had a PF starting at C PF and SF.

#3 Posted by JCTango (1366 posts) -

@TheWadeBrigade said:

At one point we had a PF starting at C PF and SF.

Ha ha. I wonder how much he was earning for that year xD.

#4 Edited by TheWadeBrigade (55 posts) -

@JCTango: Actually I meant 3 different PFs in the starting lineup at the same time, 1 in each position lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.