So I was wondering why steam didn't allow us to pre-order this year's NBA 2K iteration... looks like it won't be available until the 16th for download.
I was hoping (naively) that 2k would fix some of the problems of past versions and work on the pc version a bit to make it a least on par with its console counterparts... looks like it's another year for pc NBA 2K fans to sigh once again.
Compared to the console versions, here's what we'll be missing:
- Preorder All Star Weekend (dunk contest, 3pt contest)
- MyCloset for MyPLAYER
- VC Currency System (the game uses the console’s “offline” skill point system for MyCAREER)
- Unlockable Blacktop Stars (on consoles they can be purchased with VC; not in PC version)
- Playing Against Specific Opponents (including friends)
- 3-on-3 Blacktop with MyPLAYERs
- Self-Shadowing on Players
- Advanced Stadium Lighting (colored lights in crowd)
It's not a total write-off, but still kind of a bummer... and I was looking forward to checking out the dunk contest too... however weird that mode is. As long as the gameplay is good though, and MyPlayer is still fun... I guess I can tolerate this.