Whats the point of a paycheck?

#1 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

I looked thru the menus and can't see to find anything that deals with myplayer's paycheck.  Does it not mean anything?  I was hoping to use it to boost my amount of fans.

#2 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

You can use it to purchase goods and services.

#3 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -
@Terramagi said:

You can use it to purchase goods and services.

How and where?  All I ever see is my skill points.  I don't see a store to buy gear.  Only the signature moves that cost skill points.
#4 Posted by yevinorion (691 posts) -

In your social media area, there is a prompt to press square on ps3 or x on Xbox where you can buy boots to your teammate chemistry, fans and local fans. Not sure on the skill points thing as when you're online everything is VC instead.

#5 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2228 posts) -

I thought this was a question about real life and why we get paychecks. I was picturing a HUGE conversation about life and why humans do things and what is required of them and what not.

Kinda made me light headed.

#6 Edited by YetiAntics (1489 posts) -

I like that MyPlayer's contract is paid in gold coins. (no i don't) Thanks Jay-Z, Obama.

#7 Posted by Portis (1285 posts) -

Can you spend the checks on tons of frivolous shit like Antoine Walker?

#8 Posted by yevinorion (691 posts) -

@Portis said:

Can you spend the checks on tons of frivolous shit like Antoine Walker?

If you consider stupid t-shirts, vests and headbands all to be frivolous shit, then sure! Spend away to your hearts content!

#9 Posted by Glitterbomber (11 posts) -

I unironically love the gold coins, if I was an NBA player I'd demand gold coins too, take swag to the next level!

#10 Posted by Shady (503 posts) -

@YetiAntics said:

I like that MyPlayer's contract is paid in gold coins. (no i don't) Thanks Jay-Z, Obama.

What if it was paid in Cosby Coins?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.