Thinking of buying, but I had a few questions

#1 Posted by Crixaliz (806 posts) -

NBA Jam is going on sale next week and I was thinking of buying it. I had a few questions, since I would mainly be playing this game offline in split-screen.

I wanted to know how difficult it is to unlock all the teams and characters? Also if I can do this without playing online matches.

I also wanted to know how many modes are locked out when you aren't connected to xbox live? I found EA sports games have an odd habit of locking single player modes with leaderboards when the console isn't connected online (SSX doesn't let you access the 'Explore' mode).

#2 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8020 posts) -

You can unlock the majority of the stuff available in the Jam Store without playing online matches, there are only a few titles and avatars that have to be unlocked through online play.....so all characters and teams can be unlocked by playing solely offline.

Unlocking all characters and teams takes a very long time because they cost Jam Bucks (currency earned through winning games and completing challenges) to unlock and some of the characters and teams are rather expensive......but you can unlock a good portion of them fairly easily.

You would only be locked out of the Online Arena I believe.

#3 Posted by Crixaliz (806 posts) -

@Unknown_Pleasures: Thanks

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.