Where's the excitement? This game is awesome!

#1 Edited by GoranP (1116 posts) -

NBA frickin' Jam for $15. Played a few matches online and off today and it's awesome. I'm a big fan of the new additions and the unlockables are as bananas as always (Honey Badgers, Faith, Isaac, Beastie Boys, etc.). Not sure if I'm going to play in tag mode often (controlling both players on the team) but it's neat that the option is there. Are there any other Jam fans on here? What do you think of the new game?

#2 Edited by AjayRaz (12429 posts) -

YOU CAN PLAY AS THE BEASTIE BOYS?!

augh. as if it didn't look fun enough. no monies i can sacrifice for it right now, though. boom shakalaka

#3 Posted by RampageAssassin (426 posts) -

If they didn't release it on Wii first I bet it would have got a lot of coverage. I have the trial downloaded so I'll be giving it a go later.

#4 Posted by Stackboy (503 posts) -

Yeah I'm pretty keen for this, watching the QL got my interest. All the unlocks and the online look really solid.

#5 Posted by Dalai (7034 posts) -

I bought NBA Jam last year and nobody cared then.

I guess this proves that the NBA Jam arcade style just doesn't appeal to people anymore, which is a damn shame.

#6 Posted by Redbullet685 (6046 posts) -

Forgot all about this game coming to PSN/XBLA, then I watched the QL, and instantly bought it. This game is awesome! You can play as Ad Rock for God's sake!

#7 Posted by MightyDuck (1522 posts) -

The game does look like a solid improvement over last year's NBA Jam. Although, I'm still content playing last year's game.

#8 Posted by rjayb89 (7724 posts) -

Yeah, while I was watching the signing shit stream, they were playing some audio from an NBA game or something at the beginning and got me in the mood for a basketball game. But I was like wait, I don't want a sports game, fuck that. But then I remembered there was a new NBA Jam game and picked it up right away. Fuckin' awesome shit. PIPPEN/RODMAN FOR LIFE

#9 Posted by purplepeopleeater (33 posts) -

How is the online performance? I loved last year's game, but the online wasn't very consistent.

#10 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

TOTALLY STOKED. Just downloaded the demo, to be safe. There's a 99% chance I'll purchase it.

#11 Posted by HistoryInRust (6321 posts) -

It's good. To anyone even wondering. It's good. 

#12 Posted by JCGamer (663 posts) -

Download was the way these type of games should have been released. Bought the first jam on disk and never played it because it was just annoying to put the disk in to play for 15 minutes. Actually played the game more on the iphone than I ever did for the PS3.

#13 Posted by BootlessDragoon (13 posts) -

@purplepeopleeater: The online is pretty good from the 15 games I've played. The only thing I don't like is that they give you a negative streak for whenever someone disconnects against you. You don't take a loss but it annoys me.

#14 Posted by LoktarOgar (382 posts) -

Online ain't working for me and a friend (PS3 version). We can accept each others invites, and get into the side selection menu, but the host never sees the other person, and if he advances, the person who got invited just gets a "host lost" message. This happens in all modes.

When I tried to get into an arena game with a random dude, the game just froze completely on the team selection screen. PS button was the only thing that worked, and I had to restart the game =/

That said, single player stuff is good, and plentiful, so there's that.

#15 Posted by advocatefish (358 posts) -

I got it an love it to a point. They AI gets really cheap at times.

Is it me or are you extra vulnerable to blocks when dunking while on fire?

#16 Posted by MEATBALL (3263 posts) -

I bought the retail version for around the same price 6 months ago, I've found I haven't really played it enough to justify purchasing a minor upgrade so soon.

#17 Posted by huntad (1941 posts) -

I bought this as a retail game not long ago, so...yay?

#18 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@purplepeopleeater: @xX_Kells: Seconded on the performance.  It appears to work really well.
#19 Posted by purplepeopleeater (33 posts) -

@mfpantst: @xX_Kells: Thanks, guys. I guess I will be downloading this soon!

#20 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@purplepeopleeater: We need to work up a GB community league (if you can do that with this game).  I'd be in a 'scrub' league however, as my offence is 99.99% alley oops.
#21 Posted by purplepeopleeater (33 posts) -

@mfpantst: Yeah that would be a lot of fun. We should try to start a league. I wouldn't say that I am a scrub, but I'm not that great either. My gamertag is OrneryBread17 if you want to play (this goes for anyone else as well), just let me know that you're from Giantbomb!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.