Does This Still Hold Up?

#1 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1852 posts) -

I'd been thinking about this for years before the new NBA Jam was announced, but does this game still hold up? Even now, a version of this with cleaned up graphics would be a lot of fun as a 400 point title on XBLA. 

I wonder if my pet move of using John Stockton to drop 3's still works...

#2 Posted by Tally_Pants (589 posts) -

i was actually pretty pumped when i heard about a new NBA Jam coming out. i think it really will hold up, cause it was such a fun game on the SNES and i think it would fly as an arcade game, especially with online support!!
#3 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -

Oh yes very much so....though the AI is dated.

#4 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2101 posts) -
@Unknown_Pleasures said:
" Oh yes very much so....though the AI is dated. "
It was dated though the game came out.  I mean I would say a week into playing that game on my Genesis I already had most of the exploits figured out. I have to say though, it is fun game still today.  A friend and I played the game for a good hour a week or two ago.
#5 Posted by yakov456 (1873 posts) -

Oh I bet it holds up. I would LOVE to have an old arcade unit of any NBA Jam in my house, that game is timeless. So much fun.

#6 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1852 posts) -
@WickedCobra03 said:
" @Unknown_Pleasures said:
" Oh yes very much so....though the AI is dated. "
It was dated though the game came out.  I mean I would say a week into playing that game on my Genesis I already had most of the exploits figured out. I have to say though, it is fun game still today.  A friend and I played the game for a good hour a week or two ago. "
I actually want it to stay that way. What I want out of this game is better graphics, network play and updated rosters. 

BOOM SHAKA LACKA!
#7 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -

i fukin hate sports games

#8 Posted by JJWeatherman (14485 posts) -
@organicalistic_ said:
" i fukin hate sports games "
I'm not entirely sure I would call NBA Jam a sports game.
#9 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" @organicalistic_ said:
" i fukin hate sports games "
I'm not entirely sure I would call NBA Jam a sports game. "
Yeah, me neither.
 Anyway, for years I was hoping NBA Jam would get an Xbox Live Arcade release, but now we get a whole new NBA Jam, so that's cool with me. I'm just bummed it's a Wii exclusive. I think it'd work so much better as a downloadable game.
#10 Posted by JoeyIA (660 posts) -

Yes, NBA Jam is one of the all-time greats.
#11 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -
@UnsolvedParadox: Yeah its still one of my favorite games of all time.
#12 Posted by Killroycantkill (1361 posts) -

My buddy has an NBA Jam cabnet in his house, we play it all the time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.