Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NBA

Franchise »

Games licensed by the National Basketball Association.

Do you like that *THAT TEAM* won the '13 NBA championship?

• 56 results
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Personally had no team in the finals(go Warriors), but that was an epic series with a nice contrast of styles and loaded with great players to watch on both teams. The Heat earned that title too, excess talent regardless, especially with that gutsy 6th game comeback. I feel for the Spurs and coach P. though....bitter pill.

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@d0tti said:

I would rather want Duncan to get a championship trophy.

You know he already has four, right?

Yes I know, but rather him and Spurs then the Heat.I just wanna say that I actually like Lebron, it's the Heat I don't like.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@maskedarcstrike: Boris Diaw's layer of fat was one of the Spurs greatest assets when defending James because LeBron couldn't brush him off. Wanting to play him over Diaw would be ludicrous.

Not to mention the guy was batshit insane and was clashing with Popovich. Green, Kawhi, & Diaw were playing much higher than just adequate defense and with Duncan as their anchor down low for their team D they were absolutely fine on D this series. The problem for game 7 was they couldn't hit shots, which is something Stephen Jackson wouldn't have been able to do a damn thing about.

raycarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 1

@blu3v3nom07 Just my two cents in this discussion: Not a LeBron hater but would rather see Spurs win because they play the right way [teamwork, ball movement, great coordinated defense], and would love to see Timmy get a last hurrah. But the Heat won it as much as the Spurs lost it, so Miami has to be given credit, LBJ especially. I think the hate for Miami has to come from the Decision by James, the massive amount of bandwagon Heat fans (see game 6, only LBJ Wade Bosh jerseys) and the fans, as a radio person puts it, strutting around like peacocks thinking that they are "it".

But enough of my ranting of the Heat. I want to share this article about the Spurs. If you are someone who thinks "ESPN = BSPN", I urge you to remove that bias for this one article [a bit of a long read].

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By Flappy

I've always been a fan of Dwyane Wade for as long as I've been following basketball, so it was pretty awesome to see him win Ring No. 3. Lots of people hate him, but I've got nothin' but love for the fella. Just hope he comes back healthy and with a reliable mid-range game next season.

Oh, and it was a well-officiated series. You could argue that both teams received some favorable calls, but if you think Stern & Friends gifted the Championship to Miami, you're silly. No technicals and lots of desperate basketball = Good times.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

'Alot of back and forth. 'Felt like a 'Finals basketball game should.

What the fuck are those apostrophes for?

Philantrophy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It was a great finals and the ending of game 6 especially great.

The amount of criticism LeBron gets is ridiculous, some of it is self inflicted but most of it is just bull. To those people talking about sports players having to be loyal, look at Kevin Garnett and ask yourself why should a player with finite career sacrifice it for a bad front office and owner?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.