NCAA GiantBomb Community Dynasty

#1 Edited by dexterslu (290 posts) -
The NCAA GiantBomb Community Dynasty Thread

Looks like we have some solid intrest in doing a community dynasty this year, so if you're interested please

1) Check the table below for claimed teams, pick a team that has not already been claimed by another user.

2) Leave your Xbox Live GamerTag

3) Read the community disclaimer

Spots Remaning: 1

UserSchoolXbox Live Gamer Tag
dextersluMichigan Statesmackdexter
sarge1445NevadaUndyingSarge
evildeadronAlabamaevildeadron
TravisStanfordX Malvad0
CitizenKaneMiamiForeverFlash
TroispointBoise StateDarth Revan 666
XtrminatrMichiganXtrminatr
VisceralBishop24FloridaRare Bishop
UC RaiderUCLAZeroRaiders7
ChoffyArizona StateChoffy21
JorBearUtahJorBear1

Important Links:

NCAA Online Dynasty HUB (Coming Soon)

Disclaimer

1. This is simulation league, no going for it on every 4th down, no abuse of exploits that are found in the game. If there are substantiated claims that you have played the game in an unruly manner I will not hesitate to kick you from the dynasty, we are not here to pad stats or humiliate one another - play fair.

2. We will play 2 games a week. If you don't have time to play 2 games a week, please don't join - it will save us all a lot of stress/anger

3. If you are easily angered and cannot handle losing then please do not bother to join, it will be a terrible experience for everyone. If a guy gets lucky, your guy gets hurt, the madden AI gods decide to make your guys fumble or blow coverages or whatever. dealwithit.gif. venting is fine, but if you're going to throw a fit and quit every other week it's just not worth it to put yourself through that kind of situation!

4. The key to a successful league is communication, which means you are actively participating (contacting opponents etc). If you any questions, comments, suggestions, complaints etc please voice them in this thread.

5. If you have questions or concerns please post them in the thread or contact me via PM. With that being said If you drop out this season without notice - don't expect to be welcomed back next season.

#2 Posted by Choffy (443 posts) -

I'm down, and if there are enough people interested, I want Arizona State.

#3 Posted by evildeadron (830 posts) -

can't wait til tuesday for NCAA, i spent more hours playing that game in the past year than pretty much any other

I could be interested in GB community dyansty, i will take Alabama

#4 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

Sign me up for Nevada Reno

#5 Posted by dexterslu (290 posts) -

@Choffy said:

I'm down, and if there are enough people interested, I want Arizona State.

@sarge1445 said:

Sign me up for Nevada Reno

@evildeadron said:

can't wait til tuesday for NCAA, i spent more hours playing that game in the past year than pretty much any other

I could be interested in GB community dyansty, i will take Alabama

Done, make sure you leave your Live GT so we can add it to the big board.

#6 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

UndyingSarge - Nevada Reno

#7 Posted by evildeadron (830 posts) -

gamertag is same as my name on here, evildeadron

#8 Posted by Travis (212 posts) -

x Malvad0 - Stanford

#9 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

ForeverFlash - Miami

#10 Posted by Choffy (443 posts) -

choffy21 - ASU

My account is corrupted though, so it may be a bit till I can get online.

#11 Posted by suikoden352 (422 posts) -

i wish i could join but i don't have the money right now to get the game. i'll be renting it though for sure so if anyone wants to get a few games in for fun then let me know. GT: MasterShake352

#12 Edited by Troispoint (267 posts) -

Darth Revan 666 - Boise State

#13 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

@Troispoint said:

Darth Revan 666 - Boise State

KYLE BROTZMAN IS MY HERO

#14 Posted by Xtrminatr (259 posts) -

Xtrminatr - Michigan

#15 Posted by dexterslu (290 posts) -

Ok! 5 more spots to go. What day does everyone want to begin? also, rosters are available...

#16 Posted by VisceralBishop24 (47 posts) -

Gamertag: Rare Bishop

Team: Florida Gators

#17 Posted by UCRaider (47 posts) -

Gamertag: ZeroRaiders7
 Team: UCLA Bruins

#18 Posted by Troispoint (267 posts) -

@dexterslu:

My GT is Darth Revan 666 , NOT Darth Raven 666. JEEZ.

#19 Posted by Xtrminatr (259 posts) -

@dexterslu said:

Ok! 5 more spots to go. What day does everyone want to begin? also, rosters are available...

I'm good to go whenever, I have named rosters already. Just shoot me a PM when you are gonna start it.

#20 Posted by dexterslu (290 posts) -

@VisceralBishop24 said:

Gamertag: Rare Bishop

Team: Florida Gators

Added.

@Troispoint said:

@dexterslu:

My GT is Darth Revan 666 , NOT Darth Raven 666. JEEZ.

Fixed.

@UCRaider said:

Gamertag: ZeroRaiders7 Team: UCLA Bruins

Added.

@dexterslu said:

I'm good to go whenever, I have named rosters already. Just shoot me a PM when you are gonna start it.

A few things we need to settle on before we start the league.

1) Custom Conferences? (Yes/No)
2) What two days will we use to progress the Dynasty? previously it's been Wednesday at 11:59 and Saturday at 11:59

#21 Posted by Choffy (443 posts) -

@dexterslu: Doesn't matter to me. I think the custom conferences could be a good idea, but I'm also fine being in the Pac-12. And Wednesday and Saturday is fine.

Didn't see myself on the list of teams in there though. I'm 'choffy21' and my team is ASU.

#22 Edited by jorbear (2517 posts) -

Glad to see the community gathering around this game.

Gamertag: jorbear1 (University of Utah)@dexterslu said:

@VisceralBishop24 said:

2) What two days will we use to progress the Dynasty? previously it's been Wednesday at 11:59 and Saturday at 11:59

I say we give the Mountain West an AQ spot. Other than that, I'm down for anything.

#23 Posted by dexterslu (290 posts) -

@jorbear said:

Glad to see the community gathering around this game.

Gamertag: jorbear1 (University of Utah)@dexterslu said:

@VisceralBishop24 said:

I say we give the Mountain West an AQ spot. Other than that, I'm down for anything.

Added. As it stands, I'm thinking the Dynasty will begin this Wednesday. I'm going to officially create the league tomorrow, watch out for PMS...

#24 Posted by UCRaider (47 posts) -

1) Yes 2) Those two days are fine with me.

#25 Posted by UCRaider (47 posts) -
@dexterslu: 1) Yes 2) Those days are fine with me.
#26 Posted by Xtrminatr (259 posts) -

@dexterslu: I'm also fine with whatever, are these going to be in EDT or PDT?

#27 Posted by dexterslu (290 posts) -

@xtrminatr said:

@dexterslu: I'm also fine with whatever, are these going to be in EDT or PDT?

Well, It doesn't really matter to me but last year for the Madden online franchise we did EST.

#28 Posted by DFSVegas (353 posts) -

I see you have 11 dudes. If there's still a spot open, I'd like to jump in with TCU.  

My XBL Gamertag: Mack Luster

#29 Posted by KINGGUDDA3000 (6 posts) -

yes i want in and i want penn state

#30 Posted by sarge1445 (676 posts) -

eh i changed my mind but thanks anyway i will totally be in for the madden league though

#31 Posted by UCRaider (47 posts) -

Have the invites been sent yet?

#32 Posted by dexterslu (290 posts) -

@UCRaider said:

Have the invites been sent yet?

Nope. Should go out soon though, I'm expecting to start the dynasty on Saturday. Does anyone have a preference for conferences? I know some said they didn't care but we should talk about it a bit more.

#33 Posted by DFSVegas (353 posts) -

Other than making the MWC an Automatic bid, I can't really think of anything :/

#34 Posted by dexterslu (290 posts) -

Sorry it's been a bit in between posts guys, my life has been pretty hectic as of late. I'm getting ready to move to Washington D.C. in a couple weeks and have been busy preparing for that, unfortunately that has left me with as much room as I had anticipated to manage this online dynasty. If someone would like to take over as commissioner I would appreciate it!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.