Are you getting this game because Criterion is making it?

#1 Posted by foggel (2763 posts) -

I know I am. Unless it gets shitty reviews.

I haven't bought a Need For Speed game in years, but I'm thinking this is the most interesting game in the series in a good while.

#2 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

Absolutely, plus, Hot pursuit 2 was the shit back in the day before all of the NFS underground came out. It will indeed be awesome. 

#3 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

no, im not getting it :D

#4 Posted by Falconer (1694 posts) -

As someone who likes racing games potentially more than shooting dudes in the face, I feel obligated to purchase anything and everything Criterion makes.

#5 Posted by MKSKILLZ16 (130 posts) -

If it is anything like Burnout Paradise, I'm interested, plus Criterion has had a pretty good record so I'm hoping it will turn out great.

#6 Edited by Bionicicide (1213 posts) -

NfS: Hot Pursuit - 10.5 square miles, over 100 miles of open road.
Burnout: Paradise - 26 square miles, around 218 miles of open road - not including Big Surf Island.

I don't know... tempering them after Googling these facts. B:P didn't seem that large either. :/ EA really want to win "fugly HUD of the year" too with NfS:HP and MoH (multiplayer).

#7 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I'll be buying it mainly because the other Hot Pursuit games were badass.
#8 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2725 posts) -

Nope.

#9 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

I was a huge fan of Hot Pursuit back in the day. I'm a huge fan of the recent Burnout games. Yet somehow I'm not 100% excited for this new NFS. I hope it's good though.

#10 Posted by Falconer (1694 posts) -
@Bionicicide said:
" NfS: Hot Pursuit - 10.5 square miles, over 100 miles of open road. Burnout: Paradise - 26 square miles, around 218 miles of open road - not including Big Surf Island.  I don't know... tempering them after Googling these facts. B:P didn't seem that large either. :/ EA really want to win "fugly HUD of the year" too with NfS:HP and MoH (multiplayer). "
I have no idea where you got your numbers from, but Criterion has said that the world is bigger than that of Paradise.
#11 Posted by WindFall259 (367 posts) -

Maybe not to purchase it, but it definitely got into my interest. Seeing NFS as it is since Most Wanted, that's already saying much.

#12 Edited by Bionicicide (1213 posts) -
@ShaggyChu said:

" @Bionicicide said:

" NfS: Hot Pursuit - 10.5 square miles, over 100 miles of open road. Burnout: Paradise - 26 square miles, around 218 miles of open road - not including Big Surf Island.  I don't know... tempering them after Googling these facts. B:P didn't seem that large either. :/ EA really want to win "fugly HUD of the year" too with NfS:HP and MoH (multiplayer). "
I have no idea where you got your numbers from, but Criterion has said that the world is bigger than that of Paradise. "
Just type each game's name and "square miles" into Google. Top results.
#13 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

I have never played a Need for Speed game.  But I loved Burnout Paradise, so I am sure I will love this when I buy it.

#14 Posted by animateria (3253 posts) -

1. It's another Hot Pursuit game. HP2 was friggin amazing!

2. Criterion is making it.

Well if it turns out garbage I'd be surprised. And very sad...

#15 Posted by Redbullet685 (6051 posts) -
@MKSKILLZ16 said:
" If it is anything like Burnout Paradise, I'm interested, plus Criterion has had a pretty good record so I'm hoping it will turn out great. "
This.
#16 Posted by JacDG (2127 posts) -

Partially, but I loved the original Hot Pursuit games so that is a major reason as well.

#17 Posted by Capum15 (4923 posts) -

I played the hell out of Hot Pursuit and Hot Pursuit 2. They were, by far, my favorite Need For Speed games. My mind utterly exploded when I saw the reveal trailer.

If it's anything like the first two, I'll get it, no-doubt. Also doesn't hurt that it's being made by the Burnout dudes.

#18 Posted by Falconer (1694 posts) -
@Bionicicide said:

" @ShaggyChu said:

" @Bionicicide said:

I have no idea where you got your numbers from, but Criterion has said that the world is bigger than that of Paradise. "
Just type each game's name and "square miles" into Google. Top results. "
http://twitter.com/CriterionGames/status/16407400612  

You must also realize that Paradise city had an ass load of tiny ass side roads that Hot Pursuit likely won't have. 
#19 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

I don't know if I'm actually going to get this game or not. I'll probably rent it, like I did with SHIFT. Then again, the NFS games usually plummet in price after a short amount of time, so early in 2011 it might be around £15. In which case I might as well buy it. I'm excited by the prospect of a new Need for Speed game that has an interesting concept - Hot Pursuit 2 was insanely addictive, and then it lost that edge with Underground, and became more about sticking as many vinyls on a wide body kit as possible.

#20 Posted by Amethyst (90 posts) -

I'm only paying attention to it. Not sure if it's worth a purchase yet.

#21 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

I doubt I'll be buying it at all.

#22 Posted by FlamingHobo (4483 posts) -

I'm buying it for this reason and because I really enjoyed Hot Pursuit 2 when I was younger.

#23 Posted by 71Ranchero (2781 posts) -

Hot Pursuit 2 was the last true NFS game for me and I have fond memory's of it, that said I dont like Criterion's racers so Im fairly down on this game overall. We will see when the game is out.

#24 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

FUCK YA IM GETTING THIS!

#25 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

hot pursuit was the shit back in the day so HELL YES.

#26 Posted by insanegamer (612 posts) -

i am too.

#27 Posted by Binman88 (3689 posts) -

Probably won't be getting it anyway. The involvement of Criterion doesn't mean much to me.

#28 Posted by Gamer_152 (14091 posts) -

I haven't really decided if I'm getting it or not but the fact that Criterion are making it gives me a lot of hope for the game.

#29 Posted by Magicallystoopid (467 posts) -
@BestUsernameEver said:
" Absolutely, plus, Hot pursuit 2 was the shit back in the day before all of the NFS underground came out. It will indeed be awesome.  "
Was?  It still is the shit.  I own it for PS2 and play it all the time.

Speaking of though, this game, if it had good online options will be awesome.
#30 Posted by maimran91 (361 posts) -

I don't get it. Why are they wasting their time making this?

#31 Posted by nywt (439 posts) -

Yes, the only reason why I may get it is because of Criterion and the Burnout series.

#32 Posted by demonbear (1860 posts) -
@JJWeatherman said:
" I was a huge fan of Hot Pursuit back in the day. I'm a huge fan of the recent Burnout games. Yet somehow I'm not 100% excited for this new NFS. I hope it's good though. "
my good man JJ, yet again, you defy logic. Love you! 

I feel cautiously interested about it The fact that Criterion is making it certainly helps. We'll see the reviews.
#33 Posted by Jimbo (9862 posts) -

If I buy it, which I probably will, it'll be because Criterion is making it.

#34 Posted by oobs (339 posts) -

yes totally getting this game..because of my love for burnout and they always make a great game
#35 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Now that I know Criterion is making it, I am officially interested.

#36 Posted by MonkeysDad (62 posts) -

I think Criterion have had a Cops & Robbers mode in every Burnout game, so this isn't exactly new for them.

Until that new trailer yesterday I'd forgotton about it, now it's top of my want list.

#37 Posted by Hyperfludd (373 posts) -

Yes, shamefully, that is like my only reason.

#38 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2725 posts) -

Nope. I like Criterion but I have zero interest in this.

#39 Posted by CandleJakk (766 posts) -

I'll admit, Criterion making this game was my biggest initial draw to it, since I've never really liked any of the Need For Speed franchise, and Criterion make 'hella good' racing games. The Cops n Robbers mode in Burnout 2 was one of the greatest things ever - I spent hours playing that with my brother on GameCube.

Since the demo dropped, and experiencing how well it handles, how smooth it runs, and the overall feel of the cars, it's gone way, way up my wanted list.

#40 Posted by norton123 (311 posts) -

I'm not getting it, but if I were it would be for that reason. 

#41 Posted by Marmaladebrat (298 posts) -

I like Criterions games, I have been waiting for the next good racing game, so I have pre-ordered this one. I liked the demo. 

#42 Posted by Edwardryu (437 posts) -

no, there is no more new games coming out for my taste. actually I stopped playing racing game long time ago. but this game is kind of interesting with adding social network. Assassin's creed brotherhood PC version is delay, too pissed me off. so I got this game. not bad.

#43 Posted by ErEl (142 posts) -

I'm waiting for Shift 2.

#44 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1863 posts) -

That is indeed why I bought it, and for anyone still on the fence, it's damn good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.