Awesome songs to race to...

#1 Posted by GenghisJohn (256 posts) -

If you're old like me, you remember a movie Beverly Hills Cop 2.  Anyway, there's an awesome song in it to listen to while you chase down those racing punks!    

Anyone have any other good cop/racer songs?
#2 Posted by Deeveeus (479 posts) -

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/APl9fRFmdC0?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/APl9fRFmdC0?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>    

think Grandpa vs Sexual inadequacy!  bahaha 

#3 Posted by bunji (41 posts) -

Kavinsky's Testarossa Autodrive works nicely :-)

#4 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

It's funny, I feel different racing games require different sorts of music, depending on their attitude.  Hot Pursuit feels more like this :

#5 Posted by adoggz (2064 posts) -

#6 Posted by EdTwo (472 posts) -

Red Barchetta by Rush. Its about a car  

#7 Posted by GenghisJohn (256 posts) -

Not sure how I could have forgotten one of the best songs ever. 

#8 Posted by Magicallystoopid (467 posts) -

#9 Posted by Jolt92 (1551 posts) -

When I play Blur I listen to Daft Punk, and Need For Speed I'll put on a Motörhead or Gamma Ray album.

#10 Posted by moelarrycurly (668 posts) -

It really kicks at 1:06.
#11 Edited by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

This one is for when you really need a bit of extra oomph.

#12 Posted by jakob187 (21665 posts) -

Of the songs on the soundtrack, I can only seem to race well when either "Sofi Needs a Ladder" by deadmau5 or "Shining Down" by Lupe Fiasco are on. 

However, I have found that custom soundtrack mix of Demon Hunter, Unearth, and Sikth work pretty well.

#13 Posted by Fattony12000 (7304 posts) -

#14 Posted by jellysnake (48 posts) -

Any stuff from the Initial D soundtrack is cool (as long as you are not weeaboophobic :P) 

Then there's the obvious classic ones we all know like Radar Love, Don't Stop Me Now, Born To Be Wild, etc.

#15 Posted by natetodamax (19192 posts) -

I'd be afraid to listen to this while driving. Makes me want to go faaaaaaaaaaaast

#16 Posted by Mattzz10 (496 posts) -

I am a just starting to become a fan of Girltalk, and if you don't know who that is, he is a DJ that mashes up songs, mostly newer rap with rap songs:

And his new album All Day, is 1 hour and 10 minutes of mash ups that flow together, so you can just turn it on and not worry about changing songs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.