Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

Criterion's reboot of one of the most popular games in the Need for Speed series. The game features Racer versus Cop gameplay and can be played from either perspective at any time.

Need Help With Activation

NotAfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NotAfro

I picked up the PC version on Amazon ($5) and I have it installed and all except I'm running into a problem with the activation.

Every time I launch it, it asks me to activate even though it said the activation was successful the first time.

Each time I go through this process it says it was successful but the game itself won't launch. I went into the game folder and launched the activation.exe or whatever and it says activation is OK so I don't know what the problem is.

I would appreciate any tips cuz I'm about to just download a crack for this game because it's not like I would miss out that much on the online side from a 2 year old game.

And if your suggestion is to contact EA support then I rather just get the crack cuz I've heard enough bad stories of customer support constantly beating around the bush and transferring you to other people who don't know what's going on. Thanks.

NotAfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NotAfro

*bump*

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

If you have a CD key activate it on Origin.

NotAfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NotAfro

I downloaded it through origin and it's installed and everything the only problem is what I listed in the OP.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By laserbolts

Have you actually tried giving customer support a shout? Seems like you would probably find more help there possibly.

TVippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TVippy

Oh, EA... I fucking hate you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.