Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

Criterion's reboot of one of the most popular games in the Need for Speed series. The game features Racer versus Cop gameplay and can be played from either perspective at any time.

Not enjoying the online component of this game at all...

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gizmo

I bought Hot Pursuit a couple of days ago from the recommendation of Giantbomb, it had been mentioned many times on the podcast and through the TNT. I've enjoyed what i've played of the career, but I've found the online to be incredibly frustrating and aggravating. Most games I get into have the racers drive really, really slow, swerving in and out, frustrating the police. This sucks, this isn't fun, and it leads to me rage-quitting most of the time. The rubber-banding used against racers also seems unbalanced, but i'm not sure if that's my racing skills coming into play. When I race I go straight for the finish line, I had assumed that this was the point of the game, am I playing Hot Pursuit completely wrong?   

I had been under the assumption that online play was the bread and butter of Hot Pursuit...

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jimbo

I don't really understand your problem.  Are some of the racers running defence so that another racer can win?

Thule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Thule

I don't understand what you're talking about either. As a cop, I'd be delighted to see the Racers "drive really. really slow", because they'd be easy kills. 
    I think the rubber banding can be annoying sometimes, but it's all in the best interests of the game. I wouldn't be much fun running from the cops, if you'd only see them in the first 10 seconds of the race. In the end, the best racers are rewarded for driving well. Even with the rubberbanding, I'm usually able to outpace/outsmart other racers due to my driving skills.

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By JCGamer

I might get this game when it gets really cheap. Is the ge any goo without the online stuff? I rarely play games online and its almost impossible to get together withy friends. Is it a good game on it's own or does the muliplayer make it good?

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Sooperspy

I like the online, but I suck at it. Also, I get into a lot of laggy matches which ruins it.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Gizmo
    @JCGamer said:
    " I might get this game when it gets really cheap. Is the ge any goo without the online stuff? I rarely play games online and its almost impossible to get together withy friends. Is it a good game on it's own or does the muliplayer make it good? "
    I've been getting my joy purely from singleplayer, and that can fun, yes. I'm just not clicking with the online though, maybe there is a steep learning curve?
    Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By unsolvedparadox

It's great against people I know, and I've never ever been able to connect to a public matchmaking game. Doh...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.