Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

Criterion's reboot of one of the most popular games in the Need for Speed series. The game features Racer versus Cop gameplay and can be played from either perspective at any time.

What's your favorite racing event and why?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

I don't know what this says about me....

My favorite events are the 'Rapid Deployement' ones for the cops. They are the most punitive of the bunch. It's a simple time trial with every driving error punishing me by adding between 2-3 seconds on my total run time. 2 seconds for crashing/scratching something in the environments and 3 seconds for hitting traffic. A full-on crash of course is doubly devastating, since there's the time penalty and it takes its sweet time until the car resets on the track.

I think I love these the most, because I'm a little OCD and really have to get a nigh perfect run. The controls are super sharp, I'm always in control, so it's a task worth taking. There's some risk managment involved too, with planning ahead for curves I can't see into. And taking the right shortcuts. Just being the most badass and perfect racer I can be. At 300+ kph, especially highways get super dangerous, with lots of traffic flying at me - weaving into the horizon.

It's kinda arcade racing purity. It's all about the track and the traffic and my driving skills. Outrun times Infinity. Achieving the perfect flow and rhytm is the goal. The game gives me all the right tools to do so too. And yeah, no pleasure without punishment!
    falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By falconer

I think these events are IDENTICAL to the Preview events in B3 for the US and World Circuit Racers. Being open wheel cars, you can't touch a wall or end up losing all of your speed. The same thing applies here, but you're getting docked time. The effect to how you must drive is the same in the end. Insanely frustrating when you're going for a top time, but very satisfying when you get it. 

These events will be the bane of my existence come winter break.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.