Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 16, 2010

Criterion's reboot of one of the most popular games in the Need for Speed series. The game features Racer versus Cop gameplay and can be played from either perspective at any time.

Which Perspective are you using and why?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Seppli

I'm a hood driver. I feel like I've got more control and precision. The sense of speed is heightened. There's a much better flow to drifting. It's just more satisfying than the 3rd person view.

The 'tarmac' camera on the front bumper lacks the sense of physicallity the 'Hood' persective provides and I feel like it's unnaturally low. Great sense of speed though.

3rd person's just for seeing my own pretty car better. No need to. I can see my competition drift and weave in and out of traffic better and that's what matters to me.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By MikkaQ

I do like hood but it's kinda silly in this game since I feel like I need to see everyone around me. Especiallly when cops are trying to clock you on the side.

hyperfludd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By hyperfludd

Call me old-fashioned, but I think I'll stick with the 3rd Person view in every game with a car, ever.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#5  Edited By falconer

Third person. I can't see the traffic worth a shit in either of the other two.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

This game requires you to constantly be aware of your surroundings, and I feel like the "behind the car" view is by far the best for that.

Avatar image for thekeyboarddemon
    TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon

Up until reading the few posts on this thread I was happy with the hood cam for the same reasons stated by seppli, but somehow the argument for using the third person view has convinced me that I might get on better in this view, would take a liitle getting used to, but the benefits seem worth it.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Seppli
    @TheKeyboardDemon said:

" Up until reading the few posts on this thread I was happy with the hood cam for the same reasons stated by seppli, but somehow the argument for using the third person view has convinced me that I might get on better in this view, would take a liitle getting used to, but the benefits seem worth it. "

I feel like staying ahead of the game (i.e. focusing on what's on the horizon) is waaay easier when not in 3rd person. I don't think a little bit of peripherial vision does beat that.

My speedwall too suggests I'm not wrong about the Hood perspective. Certainly ain't no handicap, as some seem to presume.
    TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon

hmmm.... I gues some experimentation is required, I'll try the same event 3 times in each view and then use the view where I get the best average. Not tonight though, I need sleep.

TheKeyboardDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheKeyboardDemon

I had a quick blast on it today, I played a couple of career events but these were time based events so I did these using hood view, I think the third person view would work best in pursuit modes as this is when it will be more important to see what's happening around your car.

oobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oobs

the tarmac view...i can't answer why..i just have always used it..behind the car feels like cheating to me..doesn't seem to be any difference to the hood view to me..so i just use that
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PureRok

I use the third-person view only because there isn't a cockpit view. More racing games need a cockpit view, even if it's a featureless box with a wheel in the middle I'd take it over any of the other views any day.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Seppli
    @PureRok said:
    " I use the third-person view only because there isn't a cockpit view. More racing games need a cockpit view, even if it's a featureless box with a wheel in the middle I'd take it over any of the other views any day. "
    I am looking forward to Shift 2. Really curious what they're gonna do with it. The first Shift's cockpit view is the 'effin bomb!
    bosshog70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bosshog70

I'm a tarmac or a hood guy, the third-person view I find distracting as I look at my car rather than what's going on ahead

nywt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By nywt

I'm using the "car" perspective simply because I never thought to try and change the view. I tend to play from the "car" perspective, especially in arcade racing games because it gives me a better idea of how I am doing when drifting around corners and where I am in relation to other cars.

Maclintok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Maclintok
    @PureRok said:
    " I use the third-person view only because there isn't a cockpit view. More racing games need a cockpit view, even if it's a featureless box with a wheel in the middle I'd take it over any of the other views any day. "
    So true.  At this point if Forza and PGR can have cockpit view for all the various cars, it should be a standard for racers.  That said, I like my arcade racers in 3rd-person view even though in NFS Hot Pursuit the steering seems more slippery than games like Burnout or Split/Second and favours tarmac or hood view (so you know exactly the angle of your car while taking corners).  I'll post better times in non-3rd person view but I just love seeing the car details.
    BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BradBrains

car. been playing that way since hot pursuit 1

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By unsolvedparadox

I like the car, being able to see my awesome ride is half of the fun!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.