Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

Players cruise the streets of the city Fairhaven, evading the cops while working their way to the top of the most wanted street racers list in this open-street racing game from Criterion Games.

Anyone else having random Autolog disconnects?

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

#1  Edited By SMTDante89

I'm on the PS3 but others could be having the same problems. Are any of you having random autolog disconnects that keep disconnecting, sometimes just seconds after you reconnect? Or should I just chalk it up to my college internet being terrible?

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By jacdg

Yes, it happens all the damn time, it is really annoying. It's not only NFS: MW though, it happens with EA FC as well, which is a similar system just in the Fifa series, and that has been going on for months, since launch.

spree4567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By spree4567

Very frequently on 360

redyoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By redyoshi

Yeah, I've had the same issue off-and-on since I got it. Sometimes I'll go a whole session without any disconnects, other times I'll have to re-connect and it disconnects again after five minutes or so. This isn't a huge deal, but when I get massive air through a billboard I'm always checking the leaderboard that pops up, and of course I can't see how I stack up because only my PSN will show up while Autolog is disconnected. I guess I could always reconnect and then drive back to check out that leader board, but the moment is totally gone by then.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Mister_V

Happens to me on the PC a lot.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mikey87144

Yea, it's been happening to me a lot on PS3. I don't mind it that much in single-player but getting kicked out of multiplayer sessions because autolog suddenly crapped out is infuriating.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hatking

Same here on 360, I'm glad it's not just me. I thought it was my shitty internet.

pepperzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pepperzz

Sometimes when you disconnect and get a bunch of SP, and then reconnect, it reverts your total back to before you were disconnected. I've heard of some people never getting those points back, which can be annoying when you're trying to beat a Most Wanted car and it reverts back to a lower total so you can't race them again. In my experience though, whenever I quit the game and came back, my original points would be back... so it just made it inconvenient.

Oh and also it didn't remember some of the random speed cameras/billboards/gates that I got. I ended up with the all speed cameras achievement, but since it didn't remember that I got them all in game, I was at 65/66 the next time I played.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I can't even get autolog to work, I'm getting the error code 800d0000. :/

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By Barrabas

@NekuSakuraba: Go to multiplayer and it will have a log on option for autolog. It will generally log on if you try a couple times even with that error. I get it a lot when booting up the game as well.

Of course that doesn't fix the problem where I can't stay logged on for more than a couple events.

ma_rc_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ma_rc_01

I can barely do one online event before it disconnects.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Syndrom

@pepperzz said:

Sometimes when you disconnect and get a bunch of SP, and then reconnect, it reverts your total back to before you were disconnected. I've heard of some people never getting those points back, which can be annoying when you're trying to beat a Most Wanted car and it reverts back to a lower total so you can't race them again. In my experience though, whenever I quit the game and came back, my original points would be back... so it just made it inconvenient.

Oh and also it didn't remember some of the random speed cameras/billboards/gates that I got. I ended up with the all speed cameras achievement, but since it didn't remember that I got them all in game, I was at 65/66 the next time I played.

i actually had this on ps3, i got disconnected and i reconnected but suddenly i didn't have enough SP anymore for my first most wanted race. I quit the game and the next day when i rebooted i suddenly had my SP back. Very weird shit.

so many things that hurt this game, can't feel but thinking that this game is rushed in a couple of spots.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By flameboy84

Yes very frequently. Oddly it will prevent me from connecting to Multiplayer if it doesn't log in but when your in a session and it disconnects sometimes you will be fine and still able to play.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cthomer5000

Yes. DIdn't have any before yesterday, has been happening constantly the last 2 days.

PatientBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PatientBeast

@Syndrom: I think the problem is that we're dealing with EA servers. They've had a spotty track record in the past when it comes to multiplayer launches.

DBrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By DBrim

It seemed much better tonight, for what it's worth.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#17  Edited By DarthOrange

It disconnects randomly for me on PS3 as well and I haven't been able to put my picture up on autolog so I have been stuck with a generic outline as my pic :(

beard_of_zeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#18  Edited By beard_of_zeus

Yeah, I was having bad issues yesterday where I had to keep re-connecting manually on the 360 version.

TubbyBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TubbyBoy

Same here on PS3, roughly every 10-15 minutes I get disconnected.

dropabombonit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dropabombonit

Yeah happened like 5 times to me last night, hope they patch. That is literally the only problem I have with the game, frame rate is solid on PS3

DrUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DrUnicorn

@SMTDante89: Oh thank god its not just me. I'm on PSn too, and everytime i connect to the multiplayer from easydrive, it says i have to sign in to psn, even though i am signed in. Then it connects me to the servers, and after 1 or two games in a public game, im disconnected, and after that i cant connect to autolog. Sometimes it works if i quit the game and go back on. i hope they patch, cuz if they do, then this game is legit perfect

trindermon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got the game free on Origin due to being a simcity mug, its still doing this for me, (was fine on 360). 13 page thread on the forums about it. Really annoying as it boots youout of multiplayer when it happens.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.