Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

Players cruise the streets of the city Fairhaven, evading the cops while working their way to the top of the most wanted street racers list in this open-street racing game from Criterion Games.

Game doesn't make it through inital loading screen

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Snail

I'm trying to play the PC version of the game, but as soon as the first loading screen comes up - that's it. It just keeps on loading, never making it through that screen. Anyone else had this problem? I've found a couple of threads on some official EA forums, but I'm finding it kinda weird how I haven't found any threads about this anywhere else. If it's happening to so many people on those threads, how come I haven't found people bitching about this on other websites?

I mean I just spent 50€ on a game less than 24 hours ago and I can't play it. I'm not immensely pissed about this because I'm hoping for a patch soon, but I am irritated, and there are definitely people losing their shit over this. So why aren't there any threads about this in, oh say, Giant Bomb for instance? It's just weird right?

So has this happened to any of you, and if so, did you fix it? If you did I'd really appreciate it if you shared that knowledge, I'm going to be looking through those EA threads trying to find some suggestions for fixing this up. I found at least one that seemed to work for a few people, but didn't do it for me.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CaLe

It's not weird that there are no threads if it's only affecting a very small % of people.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Snail

@CaLe said:

It's not weird that there are no threads if it's only affecting a very small % of people.

Those threads I linked to are about a week old and one of them was 10 pages long last time I checked. Well maybe I am blowing this out of proportion. I'm still interested in knowing if there's anyone here who found and fixed this problem.

phonicpod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By phonicpod

I'm guessing it's some kind of origin connection issue? as if the game doesn't authenticate at that point it doesn't move forward.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Snail

@phonicpod said:

I'm guessing it's some kind of origin connection issue? as if the game doesn't authenticate at that point it doesn't move forward.

I reinstalled Origin and it worked fine. It seems some people didn't have that method fix it for them or something, because those threads keep on a-ragin'.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Seppli

@Snail:

The forums you've linked were quite helpful for my current problem with Most Wanted. Autolog apparently becomes more and more hardware hungry, the more complete my autolog postings are, and the more people are on my friendslist - and there's some kind of minor memory leaking involved with it too or something - causing longtime Most Wanted players to crash and burn their clients. Mine didn't even survive the initial log-in into autolog anymore.

Setting the process priority in the taskmanager to 'high' lets me log-in again, but I still suffer from quite frequent crashes because of this issue. Such a pain, because Most Wanted's got its hooks into me real deep.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.