Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

Players cruise the streets of the city Fairhaven, evading the cops while working their way to the top of the most wanted street racers list in this open-street racing game from Criterion Games.

In-Car view?

EpicVandal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EpicVandal

Thinking about picking this up but wanted to know if there was an in-car view. I don't think Criterion is known for doing in-car so wanted to check before making any kind of purchase.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By zaccheus

There is no cockpit view. There is only chase and bumper cameras.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Ravelle

This topic is always on my driving game check list, driving with the camera on your hood is just weird, everything's right in your face the whole time.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Funkydupe

... I love a proper in-car view. Damn.

xMrSunshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xMrSunshine

No hood cam either. What about people who can't drive bumper because the low cam makes them feel sick or something and they don't want to drive from 3rd person? I guess they've got no choice, I really don't see why they wouldn't add it as it's pretty much a racing game standard to have 3rd person, hood and bumper cam with occasional cockpit mixed in.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MikkaQ

@Ravelle said:

This topic is always on my driving game check list, driving with the camera on your hood is just weird, everything's right in your face the whole time.

I find it feels more like driving a car, since the TV screen would represent the windshield and then your steering wheel is the dashboard. Boom instant virtual cockpit.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Funkydupe

@MikkaQ: Isn't it too low for that? That'd been the case If we'd seen the hood at least.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MikkaQ

@Funkydupe said:

@MikkaQ: Isn't it too low for that? That'd been the case If we'd seen the hood at least.

Yeah I was just defending hood cams vs in-car view, the fact that the game has neither is a little disappointing, but I obviously don't play criterion games like I do sim racing so I'm not using a wheel and playing in 3rd person anyway,

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bell_End

@Ravelle said:

can't you just stick a carboard cut out of a cockpit round the edge of your screen. as that what most incar view feel like

helios1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By helios1337

Why would a new game have features that were standard in the series for years? That would make sense. My theory is: remove basic features one year, then add them back in the next and pretend they are something revolutionary. Example: BF2 has prone, BF:BC2 does not have prone, BF3 OMG PRONE!!!!!!

Is this game also automatic transmission only like the NFS:HP reboot? Or is that a new feature?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.