Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

Players cruise the streets of the city Fairhaven, evading the cops while working their way to the top of the most wanted street racers list in this open-street racing game from Criterion Games.

In-Game Announcer

AutoBarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AutoBarn

So I just picked up the game, and I'm experiencing a really weird problem.

The in-game announcer voice is so low it is inaudible. I wouldn't care if it wasn't for the fact that -- with no other tutorials to speak of -- hearing what she's got to say is kind of important to get an immediate grip on the basic play systems. It's especially weird as I played the demo before buying the full game, and the announcer was perfectly audible!

Going into settings doesn't make any difference -- there's no specific slider for voice, and adjusting SFX lowers everything, including the voice.

Anyway, it's not a huge issue, I just wondered whether anyone else had the same experience?

noremnants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By noremnants

A lot of games released lately have had bad audio mixes. In Assassin's Creed III I had a problem where the crowd noise would make it really hard to hear a conversation between Connor and whoever he was talking to. I've started to turn subtitles on for every game for this reason alone.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.