Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

Players cruise the streets of the city Fairhaven, evading the cops while working their way to the top of the most wanted street racers list in this open-street racing game from Criterion Games.

Torn up about the Wii U version

RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By RainVillain

Just finished watching this video that GamesRadar did and...

On the one hand, this looks like a super sharp version of a game I still haven't played (big Burnout Paradise fan) and the gimmicky Wii U Gamepad additions are right up my alley. The lack of upcoming DLC support is a bummer for some but that doesn't bug me.

The part that worries me is the lack of analog triggers on the Wii U Gamepad and Wii U Controller Pro. I don't know who's playing the game in the above video but um, they are terrible. Crashing in every wall. I can't help but wonder: is that because of the lack of analog acceleration? Or is the player really bad? I suppose this is a real speed game. A binary on-off might not be the end of the world for acceleration.

For those who've played NFS Most Wanted, do you think not having access to analog triggers is a deal breaker?

blacktwofight1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@rainvillain: dont worry that player in the video is just really bad. i had the game for 360 and im getting it for the wii u, i can say that its a really hard game to get used to. its super fast and if you dont know every turn and when to slow down you WILL crash. so dont worry its probably just the first time that guy picked up the game in awhile. buy the way im posting this message through my wii u,lol

MisterCrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MisterCrow

You know it didn't even cross my mind that those triggers aren't analog until I read this post. I think that's great for every type of game, except racing of course. I feel dumb lol.

I wonder if they have some internal mechanism that acts semi-analog when you tap the digital trigger, like an acceleration slider that moves up and down as you press, not just FULL ON or FULL OFF. I feel like developers could implement something like that with some semblance of success.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

The frame-rate seems better then the other console versions but it looks like there's a lot less traffic. Did anyone who play it feel the same way? I've only played the demo so I can't speak to the final product.

@rainvillain:

I would be interested in how the online community will be on the Wii U for this game. Because, apparently, the only really good thing about this game is the multiplayer. The single-player is lackluster. Also, because it is an arcade racer, the lack of analog triggers probably isn't a huge deal.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Nictel

@jasonr86 I can't imagine it to be any good. The playerbase is small as it is, this is an older game. I would imagine the people that want to play it already have. That leaves a very small percentage of a small number of people that haven't and want to play it.

RainVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By RainVillain

Picked it up at toys r us today! Will start it once i get home

Scifikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Picked it up earlier today (EU). Played the 360 version back in October, but the Wii U one is noticeably (although not VERY noticeably) better looking. The controls feel sort of "weighty", just like on the 360. The digital gas and brake (as opposed to the analog triggers on the 360) stopped bothering me after about 30 mins of play - the game is so fast and arcadey that I simply stopped noticing. In short: very satisfied with my purchase, loving the game so far!

Feel free to add me: my NNID is Scifikai.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Racing games are about the only types of games where I prefer the Dualshock 3 to the Xbox controller, and it's because those triggers are so wonderfully analog (and, in other game, awfully analog). I couldn't even imagine playing NFS without analog triggers.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

#9  Edited By MormonWarrior

This game is really cheap on Amazon...considering picking it up for Wii U but are there people playing it online? It kind of makes or breaks this game if there's multiplayer available.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is really cheap on Amazon...considering picking it up for Wii U but are there people playing it online? It kind of makes or breaks this game if there's multiplayer available.

At this point every version of this game will most likely have pretty low amounts of people online, some platforms may be dead online (wii u im predicting is one)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.