Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

Players cruise the streets of the city Fairhaven, evading the cops while working their way to the top of the most wanted street racers list in this open-street racing game from Criterion Games.

What's more Fun? Singleplayer or Multiplayer? Forza Horizon? Why?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Seppli

I am of the supposedly unpopular opinion, that Most Wanted is most fun in singleplayer - with the caveat that I'm enjoying it more, the closer I get to 100% completion - with all the tedium of unlocking mods and cars and races going away, and having much more experience with the generally quite weighty and inertia-heavy driving physics, and slowing learning the ins and outs of the road and track layouts - Most Wanted's singleplayer really comes into its own. Autolog recommendations. Jumping into any vehicle and any race at my whim. All the mods readily available to tailor any vehicle to the task at hand. Compulsive billboard stunt jumping and speed trap drag racing.

I went from deep hatred to loving it to bits, despite its many flaws and quirks.

Multiplayer on the other hand, not so much. Between always-on VoIP, lack of gameplay choice regarding public speedlists, pacing problems introduced by bugs regarding relocation and players leaving the game, generally rather lacking flow of events, absurd scoring systems, and my distaste for random chaos in competitive games - well, multiplayer has been shortlived fun, and grew to be purely annoying by now.

Anyways - what's your take on Most Wanted's offerings? And please elaborate on your vote and opinion.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Phatmac

Multiplayer. I just love the chaos and racing with friends on it. Having a blast in multiplayer. I'm mostly ignoring the single player and only playing the most wanted races.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By MikkaQ

I just play Forza because I haven't really enjoyed a Need for Speed game in about 8 years. Big dip in overall quality. Even the new Hot Pursuit wasn't what I was looking for in a racing game, and this doesn't seem like it either.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.