Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

Players cruise the streets of the city Fairhaven, evading the cops while working their way to the top of the most wanted street racers list in this open-street racing game from Criterion Games.

Wii U edition?

dawiiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By dawiiz

I'm pretty sure this game has not been announced for Wii U. But this wiki has Wii U as platform. Do you guys think we will se a Wii U version?

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By spiceninja

Maybe. EA loves to release their games on as many platforms as possible and since the Wii U is similar spec wise to the PS3 and 360 it probably wouldn't be too difficult to port it.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#3  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

You know what might be kind of cool? And mind you, this is only tangentially related, so mods, feel free to berate me at your leisure. But take the car customization options from Carbon, throw them into a future NFS game, and make the Wii U gamepad the way you both can customize and do up paintjobs (with Forza 4 type detail). That might actually be something that would make me seriously contemplate buying a Wii U.

In any case, I have no problem seeing this game on the Wii U as with all the newer releases. It might even be kind of cool if they had a cockpit view or something you could see on the gamepad, but I'll bet the functionality will (at least initially) be limited to maps and such.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JJOR64
    dawiiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By dawiiz

That seems more like a rumor than a confirmation. Wii U will bring back splitscreen gaming, and most wanted would be perfect. I agree with "Sparky-B". Car customization with the gamepad would be rad. I think I read that Nintendo is making/publishing a forza/GT clone. I hope that ther's some truth there.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By DeF

@dawiiz said:

I'm pretty sure this game has not been announced for Wii U. But this wiki has Wii U as platform. Do you guys think we will se a Wii U version?

several leaks are hinting at a yet-to-be-confirmed Wii U version. a Brazilian ratings board has classified a Wii U version of the game (same happened before Blops2 got announced last week), European retailers list the game, even date it for launch day, a Criterion dev's linkedin page had Wii U listed as platforms ... pretty clear that a version is coming (plus, NFS games always land on all systems, even on Wii and DS).

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By DeF

@Sparky_Buzzsaw said:

In any case, I have no problem seeing this game on the Wii U as with all the newer releases. It might even be kind of cool if they had a cockpit view or something you could see on the gamepad, but I'll bet the functionality will (at least initially) be limited to maps and such.

You know what, that Sonic Racing Transformed game actually does that from what I've read. Well not the cockpit but the rear view mirror. You raise up the pad to check what's coming at yo ass from behind (no innuendo intended). Does Most Wanted even have customization options?

@dawiiz said:

That seems more like a rumor than a confirmation. Wii U will bring back splitscreen gaming, and most wanted would be perfect. I agree with "Sparky-B". Car customization with the gamepad would be rad. I think I read that Nintendo is making/publishing a forza/GT clone. I hope that ther's some truth there.

Project CARS maybe? Nintendo has nothing to do with that if that's what you're talking about. They currently have no racing games announced.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.