Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed Rivals

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 15, 2013

A cross-gen open-world driving game set in a fictional Redview County.

Do you think this game really feels empty?

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Sooty

I don't. I find the AI to be really fun to go against so I'm constantly seeing random cops and racers. In fact, the lower player count makes it more exhilarating when you stumble upon actual player racers or cops because it's a bit of a rarity. (though I definitely would prefer it if they had way more than just 6 players in a game)

One area where it definitely falls down is organising events with other players, but the GPS feature makes it kinda easy to home in on the vicinity of others, though being able to teleport within a mile or less of them would be much preferred.

And gosh, the weather effects are gorgeous. This and Battlefield 4 are my two PS4 games and it's quite funny how obvious it is that they are both on Frostbite.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

It isn't half the game Most Wanted or Hot Pursuit were. Real shame. I am still having fun with it. But, it definitely isn't a smashing success.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It isn't half the game Most Wanted or Hot Pursuit were. Real shame. I am still having fun with it. But, it definitely isn't a smashing success.

God, really? Most Wanted was pretty mediocre, how can it be that much worse.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jimmyfenix

I have no problem with the player count but i wouldn't be against the idea of increasing the player count.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hosstile17 said:

The single player in Most Wanted was kind of ass. But, the multiplayer challenges and diversions were quite fun. This game has none of that.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Example1013

@hosstile17 said:

@example1013 said:

@hosstile17 said:

The single player in Most Wanted was kind of ass. But, the multiplayer challenges and diversions were quite fun. This game has none of that.

Lol I meant hot pursuit, sorry. I never played most wanted.

dawnclover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Well, I didn't think it felt "empty" per se, as it has been said, the AI is fun to play with. But then I actually managed to play some events with other people, changed to Cop Career and managed to smash some players into the wall and after that it did feel a bit "empty" when I couldn't get together with other people for events.

It feels alright though, but I surely hope they up it to 12-16 players as there is a lot of map to cover.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

While I do wish the game had a higher player count, I think it's fine as a single player experience. I've been having a lot of fun.

ikilledthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Last 5 days I haven't been able to get in a game with another real player...so I'm pretty damm lonely

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It can be lonely sometimes, but I think that may be by design. If the game was much more cramped the locked 30fps would really start to hinder the gameplay even more.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Part of me does wish there were more players, but then i remember the times where i had players and everything just teleported around and then i would randomly wreck from full durability really quickly. But yeah, since i'm from Australia and i live with shitty internet to everywhere else in the world i'm not going to put that one on the game too much.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.