Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed Rivals

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 15, 2013

A cross-gen open-world driving game set in a fictional Redview County.

Need some tips

Blastroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

So I join a multiplayer game and get busted within 1 minute. So switch to single player and am able to complete a few events and get a feel for the game but the cops are on me in single player too. I make it to the hideout but can't figure out how to get in so I get busted. Do you have to lose the cops before you can use the hideout. Also any other tips for losing the cops?

Also share any other tips for racers or cops here since the title is not limited to just my questions.

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This was a problem for me too. I don't think you have to lose the cops to get into the hideout. It seems like you do need to come to a complete stop and wait a few seconds, an option should pop up to bank your points after that. Wish the game was a bit clearer, and I'm not entirely sure that's how it works, but its been doing me well.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I mentioned it in a few other threads, but the tutorial definitely seems a bit rushed. Apparently most of the manual is supposed to be at https://help.ea.com/tag/manuals, but when you choose it, there's nothing available for Rivals.

You shouldn't have to come to a complete stop to bank points, though. You just need to slow down enough and be facing the floating pointer (that says "Hideout") and hit L1. That worked for me to do a slow rolling through the hideout, jam L1, then speed the heck out of there as cops were on my tail.

That said, I prefer the Cop mode because you goddamned racers are endangering innocent lives. Obviously.

Groonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I could use a tip to get into a big online event with lots of people. For a multiplayer focused game I think I've seen 3 or 4 people in my session. Is the session just a drivable "lobby" like in Mod Nation Racers? All I really want is a NFS Hot Pursuit like take down race. 4 or more Racers try to win a race, and the same number of Cops try to bust them.

I will admit that I haven't had much time to play due to work, but all I've been able to find so far are hot pursuits of a single A.I. racer or that time-trail (who's name I forget).

Help?

Stew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Stew

@groonz said:

I could use a tip to get into a big online event with lots of people. For a multiplayer focused game I think I've seen 3 or 4 people in my session. Is the session just a drivable "lobby" like in Mod Nation Racers? All I really want is a NFS Hot Pursuit like take down race. 4 or more Racers try to win a race, and the same number of Cops try to bust them.

I will admit that I haven't had much time to play due to work, but all I've been able to find so far are hot pursuits of a single A.I. racer or that time-trail (who's name I forget).

Help?

I've been running into the same thing. It just seem difficult to find other people in the same session. The best way I've found is before leaving the garage menu, setting my GPS route to another player, then starting at the nearest garage. If that person happens to be driving toward you, it's fairly easy to find them. But, if they happen to be driving away from you, good luck trying to catch up.

I think there are too few players in any given session. It's really hard to come into contact with other players, as the world map is pretty sizable. I really like this game, but as it is, it feels like a single-player game where you'll occasionally cross paths with someone else, and rarely get to actually race them (or take them down). After about 3-4 hours of gameplay, I don't think I've ever raced more than one actual person at a single time yet.

ttocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

I've always been able to find other players in my game world but they are always cops. It ends up being like 4 cops driving together with no racers except for some random AI cars that get crushed within seconds of being spotted by the onslaught of cop cars.

Stew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I realized yesterday that you can exit the garage and go straight to any event on the map. That makes it a bit easier to find someone else, but I still haven't actually been around more than one person at a time.

Sign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I have seen the cap is 6 players per session. That is incredibly low for a map that large. It really is too bad that there isn't more people, it is really fun to get into a chase with an actual player. Still enjoying the game, and the AI can be ok at times, but the times when the AI acts really dumb, the lack of other players really stands out.

rangers517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sign said:

From what I have seen the cap is 6 players per session. That is incredibly low for a map that large. It really is too bad that there isn't more people, it is really fun to get into a chase with an actual player. Still enjoying the game, and the AI can be ok at times, but the times when the AI acts really dumb, the lack of other players really stands out.

Yeah, I'm not sure I like how they handled this. When I got the game I hadn't read much about it and thought there would be a dedicated multiplayer mode with cool cops vs racers events and stuff. Without that, they really should have upped the player count in single player at least. I rarely see anyone else and it just feels like they didn't have the tech or something to go ahead with their vision for this game. I've still played a lot of it and think it's alright, but it could have been a lot better.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rangers517: I agree. I'm having fun with it, but it's rare that i actually run into another player out in the world. I would have liked to have a dedicated multiplayer mode to just get a race with other people. Trying to organize everyone meeting up at one spot to start a race seems cumbersome. I end up turning off voice chat because every time I join a game, there's someone breathing on the mic or I'm stuck hearing their game through their mic. So that makes any type of organization even more difficult. I like the idea of the running into players while playing, but the player count is too low for it to be meaningful. And completely getting rid of the ability to just start a multiplayer race from the menu is dumb. I'm going to have to set my Alldrive to friends only and find a good group of people. I've yet to have a race with another actual human, which is super weird since multiplayer is all they've talked about.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.