Hows this game compared to Grid?

#1 Posted by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -

Thinking about getting this, or Forza, just wondering how it compares to Grid?

#2 Posted by solviper (24 posts) -

pretty similar.

#3 Posted by xMP44x (2193 posts) -

It's pretty similar to GRiD. Depending on how you put the settings it can be more hardcore than GRiD or more arcade. If you want deep racing, I would go for Forza 3, personally.

#4 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

Grid is the far superior game.  Grid's interface is better, the career mode is more fleshed out, the actual driving is more fun (subjective, obviously...) and the online simply blows Shift's out of the water.  Also, Grid's drifting isn't utterly ridiculous like Shift's.

#5 Posted by Shoki (32 posts) -

I am really digging the Grid/Dirt 2 combo for racing fun. I even sold my copy of Shift and canceled my pre-orders of Forza3 and GT5. The Forza 3 demo felt so flat. I hope GT5 is up to snuff but I am worried that it wont be. I would rather trade in some reality for some exciting racing. The rewind feature is an obvious winner even the sim like Forza 3 features it prominently.

#6 Posted by jakob187 (21787 posts) -
@xMP44x said:
" It's pretty similar to GRiD. Depending on how you put the settings it can be more hardcore than GRiD or more arcade. If you want deep racing, I would go for Forza 3, personally. "
Please, folks.  Don't try to utter GRiD's amazing name in the presence of such failure as NFS Shift.  I haven't played Shift, but just from all the bugs being reported in the game...GRiD is ALREADY vastly superior!
#7 Posted by brocool (701 posts) -

its the same game

#8 Posted by Gunner612 (4338 posts) -
@jakob187: Bugs aside, the two are pretty similar.. There are more customizable options in SHIFT than in GRiD but the core racing is pretty similar if you put the difficulty on easy. 

I still prefer GRiD though.. Mostly due to the fact that i can get a solid 60fps compared to the 30-40 i get in shift.
#9 Posted by TheGremp (2064 posts) -

SHiFT wishes that it was GRiD.

#10 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

NFS Shift has this awesome effect with the subwoofer channel (in dolby digital/5.1)for those of us that have bass-chairs (or tactile transducers) where you can feel the engine rev, collisions, and grip/offroad/curbs/rumble strips tire reaction as you drive. It's an excellent effect that ALL DRIVING GAMES should attempt to emulate. Makes me wish I had a force feedback driving wheel in conjunction.

Haven't tried GRiD. I'll grab the demo and see if this feature is in it, but I'd doubt it. Forza 3 doesn't have it... only lightly with collisions.

#11 Posted by zudthespud (3288 posts) -
@MrKlorox:
You won't feel any tyre reaction in GRID, the physics model makes the car slide everywhere so you won't feel aything like that.
#12 Posted by BanthaFodder (8 posts) -

I love Shift, it's awesome. Atleast if you have a good wheel.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.