So... Any chances of this NOT dieing?

#1 Posted by Juvarial (312 posts) -

Its a PC MMO launching on the same day as Starcraft II. Thats like laying it out there to die. 
Or can anyone explain this pro marketing ploy to me?

#2 Posted by Keenblaze (472 posts) -

People will be fed up with Battle.net's requirement of Real ID and turn to... NFS World! Obviously!

#3 Posted by Funzzo (951 posts) -

I will be getting NFSW and not starcraft2.

#4 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13807 posts) -
@Keenblaze said:
" People will be fed up with Battle.net's requirement of Real ID and turn to... NFS World! Obviously! "
They dropped real ID. 
#5 Posted by Keenblaze (472 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Keenblaze said:
" People will be fed up with Battle.net's requirement of Real ID and turn to... NFS World! Obviously! "
They dropped real ID.  "
Last time I checked, it's still a requirement for Battle Net, but they dropped it for the forums. That's what I read in the GB news story a while back anyway. Someone please correct me if they reversed the decision on Battle Net as well.
#6 Posted by blazerx9x (745 posts) -

MMO?  what has need for speed come to?

#7 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13807 posts) -
@Keenblaze said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Keenblaze said:
They dropped real ID.  "
Last time I checked, it's still a requirement for Battle Net, but they dropped it for the forums. That's what I read in the GB news story a while back anyway. Someone please correct me if they reversed the decision on Battle Net as well. "
Sorry thought you meant forums. 
#8 Posted by Dziggy (68 posts) -

Starcraft II is a popular game, but, believe it or not, there are people who don't care for it. Need for Speed World and Starcraft II are in different genres. They appeal to different people. There won't be any competition between them. Need for Speed World will do just fine. Starcraft II is the biggest RTS game, not the biggest game overall. It's pretty popular, but, much like Halo, it's very over-hyped. It won't overshadow any other games.

#9 Posted by aaron_sK (21 posts) -
@blazerx9x said:

" MMO?  what has need for speed come to? "

Come to? They already went there and been back, brother. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_City_Online  

Because it was such a rousing success, and not just a giant steaming pile, I guess they decided a remake was in order.  
#10 Posted by blazerx9x (745 posts) -
@aaron_sK:
Oh, wow, my bad, you pwned me
#11 Posted by aaron_sK (21 posts) -
@blazerx9x said:
" @aaron_sK: Oh, wow, my bad, you pwned me "
Heh, you were four when that game was initially  released. I don't think we can hold it against you for having never heard of it. 
#12 Posted by Coombs (3507 posts) -
@blazerx9x said:
" MMO?  what has need for speed come to? "
For what it is it's actually pretty good, 
Though playing a racing game on a keyboard is teh ghey
#13 Posted by demonbear (1928 posts) -

I think i'll give it a shot, a friend of mine is playing it, apparantly its a lot of fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.