Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Need for Speed

Franchise »

EA's flagship street racing series featuring many licensed cars, police pursuits, car customization, and more reboots than you can shake a stick at.

So which Need for Speed should I get Rivals or Most Wanted? (PC)

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll So which Need for Speed should I get Rivals or Most Wanted? (PC) (30 votes)

Rivals 40%
    Most Wanted (2012) 60%

So, there is a sale on Origin for need for speed games. Rivals is $25 and Most Wanted is 10. I'm really itching for a good racing game but not sure which one to get. From what I know about the two games it seems that Most Wanted is great solely for its multiplayer and Rivals has a better overall package but it's also lacking in its overall quality of what it offers. I don't know where to lean here. What do you guys think?

• 
    Corvak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I really liked Rivals, but i'm not usually huge about the multiplayer, usually only play if people I know are playing.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Marcsman

If you have friends to play with online, Rivals is quite entertaining

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By Seppli

I prefer Most Wanted. Each car feels distinct and has a real purpose. I spent a lot of time with it. If only the multiplayer would have a better flow to it, it might have been my favorite racing of the past generation.

If you haven't played Hot Pursuit 2010 yet, that's pretty darn great too.

I didn't like Rivals, because it was horribly inconvenient due to certain design choices, all stemming from its seamless multiplayer aspirations. Despite Rival's focus on multiplayer, I found its multiplayer stuff to be the least compelling of the last three NfS games. Granted - I'm a lone wolf multiplayer afficionado, guess it might be much better playing with friends.

phuzzybunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no opinion to offer because I'm thinking the same question. Good game for single player?

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol 50/50 really?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I would go with the original Most Wanted or Carbon.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I really enjoyed cruising around in Most Wanted's world, not so much in Rivals. There wasnt that much to the world in rivals. And Rivals half baked multiplayer cops vs robbers conciet kind of ruined it for me. So i would suggest Most Wanted.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Just get Burnout Paradise.

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I bought most wanted and completed the single player. It's a little short but satisfying. There doesn't seem to be anyone online though and that seems to where most of the fun is. I recommend going with Rivals as there will be people playing.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#10  Edited By riostarwind  Moderator

I enjoyed Most Wanted a lot more than Rivals. It just seemed like they made a better world to drive around in Most Wanted instead of Rivals. Plus the burnout like multiplayer was more fun than the cops vs racers mechanic.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By winsord

I thought the PC version of Most Wanted was pretty bad. It's very clearly a console port, with limited options, the inability to disable your mic in game (or at the very least take it off of always-on, and change what input it uses), the inability to mute other players, etc. There was also a serious amount of input delay, which in an any racing game is a major problem. I liked the core game that exists within Most Wanted, but I had nothing but problems when I played it. I don't know how many of the other people here actually played it on PC, so maybe all of the issues the port has bothered me way more than them, but I couldn't stick with it for very long as a result. Also, at this point I wouldn't rely too heavily on the multiplayer in that game being terribly active, even if it does see a bit of a bump from this sale. I haven't played Rivals, so no opinion there. I'd suggest Hot Pursuit before either of these games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.