Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 30, 2010

Puzzle Agent follows FBI agent, Nelson Tethers, as he tries to find out why the eraser factory that supplies the White House has mysteriously shut its doors.

Telltale's next project throws dark.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By Dalai

With the latest season of Sam & Max in full swing, Telltale is looking forward and going heavy experimental in the next adventure series. The previous Telltale games have used established franchises such as Wallace & Gromit and Homestar Runner, but now they're moving into the ultra-obscure with Puzzle Agent. If you want a taste of what this game might be like, check out the video below. 

This is the work of Graham Annable, the man behind grickle.com. I've glanced at a few of his shorts on his YouTube channel and his style is pretty dark. And this is precisely what Telltale is looking for under it's new Pilot Program. I guess Telltale is attempting to tap into the indie gaming surge as this can almost be mistaken as an artsy indie game. 

So far it's been confirmed for the PC, WiiWare, and iPad. I'll be keeping an eye on this since as you all should know, Telltale has yet to disappoint me. They've been very successful at what they do, but then again this is uncharted territory for Telltale. Apparently the gameplay is going to be less Sam & Max and more Professor Layton... so now I have to use logic instead of random clicking. Right now there's just the one game, but if it ends up being great, hopefully they'll give it the episodic treatment.
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Dalai

With the latest season of Sam & Max in full swing, Telltale is looking forward and going heavy experimental in the next adventure series. The previous Telltale games have used established franchises such as Wallace & Gromit and Homestar Runner, but now they're moving into the ultra-obscure with Puzzle Agent. If you want a taste of what this game might be like, check out the video below. 

This is the work of Graham Annable, the man behind grickle.com. I've glanced at a few of his shorts on his YouTube channel and his style is pretty dark. And this is precisely what Telltale is looking for under it's new Pilot Program. I guess Telltale is attempting to tap into the indie gaming surge as this can almost be mistaken as an artsy indie game. 

So far it's been confirmed for the PC, WiiWare, and iPad. I'll be keeping an eye on this since as you all should know, Telltale has yet to disappoint me. They've been very successful at what they do, but then again this is uncharted territory for Telltale. Apparently the gameplay is going to be less Sam & Max and more Professor Layton... so now I have to use logic instead of random clicking. Right now there's just the one game, but if it ends up being great, hopefully they'll give it the episodic treatment.
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Confirmed: Salad Fingers point and click adventure!

Use > Rusty Spoon > On > Face
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

#3  Edited By BeachThunder

About time they're making something that doesn't involve an existing IP. 

Professor Layton is cool too. Well, as long as this game doesn't involve me doing maths homework...

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Snail

iPad? So Telltale is doing this for every new game now?

Mysterysheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Mysterysheep
    @BeachThunder: Well, it is an existing IP. Graham Annable has a plethora of stuff you should definitely check out.
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dalai
    @Snail: I guess so. It makes some sense considering the nature of these games. If it can run on the Wii, it can run on the iPad. That and touch screen controls could be the ideal way to play games in this genre... maybe? 

@Mysterysheep:
     It's about as close to a new IP as it gets for Telltale. It's gonna feel new to most people since his work (which I think is quite good) is mostly unknown to the general public.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Snail
    @Dalai:  That would make sense, but in "The Penal Zone" you don't even use touch controls, instead you use a virtual joystick, which makes no fucking sense.
    wjkelso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By wjkelso

That short Animation is awesome! not sure how well it will translate to a game, but if anyone can pull it off, it's Telltale.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Those telltale games never entertained me.. only bored me out and confused me. im sorry!

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dalai
    @Snail: Oh yeah, the virtual joystick. That damn thing is crazy awkward on the PC. Why mess with a good control scheme? 

@Ahmad_Metallic: Telltale does march to the beat of a different drummer. Their games are not for everyone since they are slow-paced and sometimes nonsensical at times, but they are masters of their craft. They know how to tell a tale.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.