Happy 20th Birthday Neo Geo!

#1 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

The Future Is Still Now

I LOVE YOU!
My favourite console EVER, has it's 20th Anniversary today :D. In celebration of the truly momentous event, SNK Playmore have opened up a Neo Geo Museum site.  

The museum site features a history of the Neo Geo platform, a title catalogue of all it's games, scans of a various adverts, as well as other cool stuff to make Geo fans go gaga. Like a cool selection of "Neo Geo 20th" emblazoned T-shirts!. I've never been happier placing an order on T- shirt before, I'm so tempted to buy the Sam Sho 2 one also.  Anyway, the whole site, including the very detailed history section, which is produced by Japanese Bible Arcadeia Magazine, is available in English, so do enjoy!.

http://neogeomuseum.snkplaymore.co.jp/english/index.php

Make sure you give yours some loving tonight! Major celebration shiz taking place here later tonight. 

I am fucking awesome, and I always will be 

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
#2 Posted by nanikore (2740 posts) -

who

#3 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

I can't wait to see fellow Brit and Neo Geo Forum member' "Rot's" celebration dance, everyone on Neo Geo forums are looking forward to it, lol 

Brycecorp3 making me and a legion of others Neo Geo fans crazy jealous...

#4 Posted by Milkman (16541 posts) -
@nanikore said:
" who "
Kids these days...
#5 Posted by MikkaQ (10269 posts) -

Wow 20 years already? Crazy. Anyway, this thing is awesome. Gotta play some Metal Slug X today to celebrate.

#6 Posted by TurboMan (7421 posts) -
#7 Posted by ZeroCast (1869 posts) -

So that's what Jeff's avatar all about...

#8 Posted by newmarcom (295 posts) -

Oh my. I didn't realize it is that old. I was first introduced to the Neo-Geo by this guy.

That memory card technology was WAY ahead of it's time. I just wish more arcade machines used headphone jacks as well.
#9 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -
@ZeroCast said:
" So that's what Jeff's avatar all about... "
:| 
#10 Posted by Bucketdeth (8004 posts) -

#11 Posted by EpicSteve (6479 posts) -

*fist pumping like champs!

#12 Edited by ArbitraryWater (11495 posts) -

If I was both old and insane enough to own a Neo Geo, I totally would, not only because those cartridges are mammoth but also because owning a system that is at least 70% fighting games appeals to me on some psychotic level.  Happy birthday Neo Geo! 

#13 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

Sweet Jesus, Linky.  Do you just have all these dates recorded somewhere? 
Anyway, WOO METAL SLUG!

#14 Posted by agentboolen (1752 posts) -

Greatest system no one could afford!!!  I'll have to play my Neo Geo emulator to celebrate!!!  1st up KING OF THE MONSTERS, then followed by some Metal Slug!!!  

Greatest Monster game ever created!!!

Look how much detail this game has, this was insane back in the 90's.
#15 Posted by JJOR64 (18914 posts) -

Happy Birthday Neo Geo!  KOF PARTY AT MY HOUSE!

#16 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

HAPPY BIRFDAY!

Neo Geo seriously kicks ass.

#17 Posted by animateria (3252 posts) -

I enjoy NEOGEO games a lot!

Of course I'm just 'borrowing' them, but it certainly has a lot of great arcade games. 

Last Blade, KOF, Mark of the Wolves, Metal Slug, Money Puzzle Exchanger, Samurai Showdown, Magical Drop, Waku Waku 7... the list goes on!

I shall play some Neogeo tonight!

#18 Posted by Red12b (9081 posts) -
#19 Posted by Gamer_152 (14058 posts) -

Happy birthday Neo Geo, your logo will forever remind me of Jeff.

#20 Posted by Goly (843 posts) -

I would have loved to own one. Sadly the console and cartridges were too damn expensive. Never understood why, can anyone explain, is it just because they're rare or what?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.