Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Neo Geo

Platform »

The Neo Geo was a console released by SNK in 1990, featuring a 16/32-bit 68000 CPU with an additional 8-bit Z80 CPU and custom 24-bit GPU chipset. An arcade-based console considerably powerful for a home system at the time, the Neo Geo was notoriously expensive (costing $650 at launch) and aggressively marketed as an Advanced Entertainment System (AES).

PS3, PSP Owners Set To Tune In To Neo Geo Station

• 60 results
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By JJOR64

Hope the netcode is good on these.  The Neo Geo games on Xbox have crap netcode from what I've heard.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52  Edited By mosdl
    @Jayzilla said:
    " $9.00 a pop for those games on the PS3 is pretty laughable. Those games were great in their time, but they should be like $2.50 each. To each his own I guess, but if you got all ten of those games for $90.00 would that feel like a good deal to you? "
    If you compare it to the crap you pay $3 for in Gameroom...
    Josiah_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Josiah_X

If your only interested in these for your psp you could buy   SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1 for $15 on amazon (UMD) or dl from the PSN store (932MB) for $20.   The list of classics are Art of Fighting, Baseball Stars 2, Burning Fight, Fatal Fury, KOF94, King of the Monsters, Last Resort, Magician Lord, Metal Slug, Neo Turf Masters, Samurai Shodown, Sengoku, Shock Troopers, Super SIdekicks3, Top Hunter, and World Heroes.

CaptainCoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By CaptainCoke

This. Is. Awesome.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By ravensword

Can I has trophies on them too?
    ShineyCheese3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By ShineyCheese3

No Super Dodgeball = no sale.

BlaineBlaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By BlaineBlaine
    I'd really like to see them churn out some newer stuff, maybe Pochi to Nya or some extremely rare titles like Bang Bead. 

Personally, I have a lot of 'the best' games in MVS carts if I wanna drop them in my cabinet.
    Daroki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By Daroki
    @Josiah_X said:
    "If your only interested in these for your psp you could buy   SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1 for $15 on amazon (UMD) or dl from the PSN store (932MB) for $20.   The list of classics are Art of Fighting, Baseball Stars 2, Burning Fight, Fatal Fury, KOF94, King of the Monsters, Last Resort, Magician Lord, Metal Slug, Neo Turf Masters, Samurai Shodown, Sengoku, Shock Troopers, Super SIdekicks3, Top Hunter, and World Heroes. "

The load times on that game are PAINFUL though.  It might be worth getting a version of Shock Troopers that doesn't load in the middle of a level.  And Magician Lord felt painfully sluggish as well.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Neo... Geo...?

Seriously, if PSN store does what it generally does with price conversion (namely: swapping the dollar sign for a pound sign), then there isn't a fucking chance I'll be buying any of these.

If they are more reasonable, however, and go for 3 or 4 quid, then I'll be all over this.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60  Edited By trophyhunter

Will these have trophies?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.