Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Franchise »

One of Gainax's most popular series, Evangelion follows the battles, both mental and physical of the child-pilots and staff of NERV after most of the world has been destroyed from the Second Impact. They must fend off attacks by creatures known as Angels attacking Tokyo-3 who try to bring about the end of the world by achieving a Third Impact..

can someone explain who the guy...

Avatar image for uhohlovehascometotown
    uhohlovehascometotown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

on the cross is??

(don't say jesus)

(please)

sterbacblu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By sterbacblu

Quick version: second angel, landed on Earth, created second impact, ooze from it spread all over and created humans. Good explanation here: http://evangelion.wikia.com/wiki/Lilith

Also at some point I predict someone will come on this thread and say "anime is for jerks." Not saying I agree, just warning you.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sterbacblu said:

Quick version: second angel, landed on Earth, created second impact, ooze from it spread all over and created humans. Good explanation here: http://evangelion.wikia.com/wiki/Lilith

Also at some point I predict someone will come on this thread and say "anime is for jerks." Not saying I agree, just warning you.

anime is for jerks.

Nah, just kidding, anime is just fine.
    Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Ravenlight

I think the problem is that you're trying to make sense out of Neon Genesis Evan-fucking-gelion.

If you got that far into the series and this is the first time you've needed something explained, kudos to you sir. I think I made it to episode five before I just gave up on trying to make sense of everything.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@Ravenlight: The thing that made me hate Evangelion is fucking Ikari Shinji. Whiny ass bitch.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Ravenlight

@AlexanderSheen said:

@Ravenlight: The thing that made me hate Evangelion is fucking Ikari Shinji. Whiny ass bitch.

Hating on Shinji make me love it whenever Gendo Ikari would show up. Because it was almost guaranteed that he'd point out how much of a bitch his worthless son was. Take that, Toothpicks!

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Cloudenvy

Ha, trying to make sense of NGE.

NGE is just a clusterfuck of ideas and incidental symbolism. Hell, one of the creators even came out and said that the only reason why they explode into giant crosses is because "it looks cool".

EDIT: God, I hate NGE so much.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#8  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Yep. That, much like a lot of other nonsense present in Evangelion, is never clearly explained in the series or the movies. When in doubt: all the pseudo-gnostic symbolism is pretty meaningless, the ending isn't supposed to make sense, and yes, Shinji really is that much of a whiny bitch. That being said, I still like it, perhaps because of how batshit crazy it is, something that is only helped in the Rebuild movies since they also go out of their way to make some of the characters less detestable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.