Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

NES Remix

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Dec 18, 2013

8-bit NES classic games with new twists and challenges.

The Nostalgia Remix

Atsou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Atsou

I did not forget about the blog. I guess it's important to me for some inexplicable reason. And that's fine. I figured that I should update it to reflect on what I have been doing.

No Caption Provided

Yeah, you guessed it right from the title (and probably the picture as well) that It's NES REMIX! To be more specific, it's NES Remix 1. I plan to purchase the second remix after I complete this one. I have been playing it for a while now. Back when it first came out, I was really excited to get my hands on it, and after the first day of playing the game, I never touched it again.

Now why on Earth would I not complete the games that I grew up with? That's a good question! Sadly, I do not have an answer to it. My theory is that due to having so many games to play, my mind gets overwhelmed, and I just don't play anything. But who knows for sure? There is one thing that gets me to finish the video games, and that thing is... streaming.

Ever since I discovered streaming my video games, I have been completing the games that I had started. I don't know what causes this to happen, but I have a hunch that playing single player games while chatting with random strangers is better than sitting quietly, and finishing the game. I have come to a point in my life in which the difficulty that video games present is no longer difficult for me. So, in order for me to enjoy the games, I simply stream them in hopes of attracting someone that may have an interest in watching me complete a certain game. Wait a minute, I thought this blog post was about NES Remix 1?

So, I spent about three hours, and thirty minutes playing NES Remix 1. And I had a blast playing the games. One could say that it was a blast from the past (sorry, could not hold it in). I discovered some new games, and played some old ones. It was loads of fun. I have not had the chance to experience the Zelda games, and this remix introduced me to them. I thought they were just basic puzzle solving, but there is so much more to them than meets the eye. I was shooting arrows, stabbing monsters with my sword, throwing my sword, drinking potions, and much much more. It was a fantastic experience, and it has left me considering a Zelda marathon. Zelda was not the only game that caught me by surprise.

I had to beat the levels in Excitebike. In the beginning, I was just waiting for it to be over. The game felt very tedious to me. I did not even know that there was a paddle to the metal button. I thought it was just hold a to go forward. But boy was I wrong. As I went further into the excitebike challenges, I learned that the game got a lot more involved. I was going through small slopes, medium slopes, and large slopes. I was avoiding mud, grass, and other riders while speeding through huge ramps to get big air. It was awesome. I did not expect that game to change my mind, but it did. I am glad that I played it, but there are cons in this remix as well.

I had the displeasure to play games like Clu Clu Land, Ice Climbers, and Pinball. Man, these games were not fun at all. As I progressed further into NES Remix, more games unlocked for me. Not all the games were as exciting as I hoped. I played Ice Climbers. It looked like a great game. A cool looking game in which you jump up, and progress through the level that way. I said, "wow this looks fun". And I was dead wrong. As soon as I clipped at the edge of the platform, I knew I was in big trouble. I tried to climb up to complete the levels, and each time it was a huge challenge. I even shouted "YES!" when I somehow managed to complete a level. I wondered why on Earth is this game in the Remix, but I could not find a reasonable answer to my question. After Ice Climbers, I had played a little bit of Clu Clu Land. I played about three challenges of it, and decided to call it quits on that game. It was not fun. Not fun at all. Clunky mechanics, and just an overall forgettable game (it was just awful, I don't want to talk about it). After a few more stars, I unlocked Pinball. Now, when you see the word Pinball, it sounds like a fun game yeah? Just a pinball machine, and you get your scores. Well, the ball did not function well. It would move when there was nothing going on so, it was very difficult to finish the challenges for it. I did not enjoy my time with it all, and after all it's just a Pinball game.

Phew, that was a lot of writing. Overall, I enjoyed NES Remix (I have not completed it yet), and I highly recommend it for people who own a Wii U. You will not be disappointed, and you may gain a new interest in genres that you are not usually into playing. I hope that someone finds this useful, if not oh well. It helped me relax my mind, and occupy my free time writing about another game. If you would like to see all of what I have said, you can visit me at twitch.tv/Atsou. As always, thank you for taking your time reading my blog, and have a nice day!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.