Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Neverwinter Nights 2

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 31, 2006

The sequel to Bioware's Dungeons and Dragons PC role playing game of 2002, Neverwinter Nights 2 puts the player in the role of a peasant that must realize his importance in the world through an epic adventure.

Loved KotOR and Mass Effect will I be into this?

Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Magnum
    shotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By shotaro

yes

BigDo6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BigDo6

Story is amazing, but the gameplay isn't all that great. However, the same could be said of both KOTOR and Mass Effect (though I enjoyed both immensely). It really depends on what you played those game for. The dialogue system in NWN 2 shares more similarities with KOTOR 2 than with its predecessor. Meaning influence plays a much larger role. Your dialogue options in NWN 2 with non-party members are much-reduced, and most npcs do not have voiceover.  That said, speech that is in the game is extremely well-written and voice-acted. By the mid point of the story, I found myself laughing out loud at the interactions between my party members, even when my character wasn't involved. Additionally, your party's composition is more fluid, in NWN 2 so the loss of some characters can not only alter events, but be preceeded by somewhat emotional departures. I highly recommend this game to anyone who plays RPG's for the story. If that's you Magnum, congrats! You just found yourself an awesome new game.

Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Magnum
    BigDo6 said:
    "Story is amazing, but the gameplay isn't all that great. However, the same could be said of both KOTOR and Mass Effect (though I enjoyed both immensely). It really depends on what you played those game for. The dialogue system in NWN 2 shares more similarities with KOTOR 2 than with its predecessor. Meaning influence plays a much larger role. Your dialogue options in NWN 2 with non-party members are much-reduced, and most npcs do not have voiceover.  That said, speech that is in the game is extremely well-written and voice-acted. By the mid point of the story, I found myself laughing out loud at the interactions between my party members, even when my character wasn't involved. Additionally, your party's composition is more fluid, in NWN 2 so the loss of some characters can not only alter events, but be preceeded by somewhat emotional departures. I highly recommend this game to anyone who plays RPG's for the story. If that's you Magnum, congrats! You just found yourself an awesome new game."
    Cool thanks. I think I'll pick it up for mac.
    EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By EntwineX

I just started playing it afer finishing ME and it felt horrible at first, technical issues, bad camera and quite old fashioned gameplay. Since then I've really fallen for the story and depth it has compared to ME and most recent RPGs, and I'm enjoying it even more than I did Mass Effect tbh.

Logan_Aybara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Logan_Aybara

It's a solid RPG, but as others have pointed out, it had some technical gltiches.  To me it's not very memorable, and not something I'll ever play again after having beaten it (the same cannot be said for KOTOR and ME, each of which I've played at least 3 times a piece).

civilnug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By civilnug

I tried to get into KOTOR but I just couldn't do it after playing Mass Effect.

I'm gonna play thru ME for the third time cos I got a new HDTV last week!!

Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Magnum
    civilnug said:
    "I tried to get into KOTOR but I just couldn't do it after playing Mass Effect.

I'm gonna play thru ME for the third time cos I got a new HDTV last week!!
    "
    I played KotOR a few weeks ago and yeah it felt archaic. It still has a great story though.
    manathirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By manathirst

KOTOR was good but I'm currently enjoying NWN2 even better.  The fighting is on par with the Icewind Dale series and the story is pretty good when compared to BG2.  I like the characters too.  The only main problems are the camera and bugs from this game, ignore those and you get yourself a good RPG.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.