Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Neverwinter

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jun 20, 2013

A free-to-play MMORPG inspired by R.A. Salvatore's Neverwinter Saga book trilogy.

Is Neverwinter a MMO?

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By datarez

I was looking up info for Daggerdale and found this post on their forum by an Atari community person.  I always assumed Neverwinter was going to be a more standard Diablo-ish game but I guess being developed by Cryptic I should have known MMO.

Daggerdale will be a cooperative Action RPG. So, it will be a little more similar to games like Dragon Age, or Diablo, then it will to Dungeons and Dragons Online (An MMORPG).

If you're looking for a new MMO to play in the D&D universe, make sure to check out Neverwinter Online, currently being developed by Cryptic Studios, and due out later this year. More info on that title will be coming soon.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @datarez: It's hard to say at this stage but from I can it sounds a little similar to Demon's Souls with it's persistent online world. I'm no expert though so take it with a grain of salt.
    SpikeSpiegel88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SpikeSpiegel88

It's most likely like Diablo where it supports online co-op, but don't really know for sure.

Side note:
    I have allways wanted a true epic DnD online where the questlines are based of the hundreds and hundreds of forgotten realms books.

_k1_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 23

#4  Edited By _k1_

In an IGN article, it was recently announced that Neverwinter will be an MMO instead of a co-op RPG. They compared it to Vindictus and Rusty Hearts, so it might be more of a lobby/mission system then a traditional open world.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.