Little King's Story sequel coming to Vita.

#1 Posted by Icemael (6363 posts) -
Link.

A sequel to Little King's Story is coming to Playstation Vita. It's called 王と魔王と7人の姫君達 新・王様物語, which translates to something like "The King, The Demon King and the Seven Princesses: New King Story". It will feature love elements, apparently. Expect more information soon.
#2 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

WOOOOOOOOOO! ok so thats 1 good game.

#3 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4700 posts) -

Most random news all day. Heard the first was great, just not my type of game.

#4 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2030 posts) -

Hey, this gives me another reason to buy a Vita. 

Something I was hoping wouldn't happen. 

#5 Posted by Freezer_Burn (207 posts) -

Damn, I really enjoyed the first game, and this is the first thing that makes me want a Vita. With such a lack of interest for the Vita, I really hope it's released on some other platform.

#6 Posted by Willy105 (4691 posts) -
@Freezer_Burn said:
Damn, I really enjoyed the first game, and this is the first thing that makes me want a Vita. With such a lack of interest for the Vita, I really hope it's released on some other platform.
I'm sure it will do well in Japan, where it's PSP land. 
#7 Posted by Icemael (6363 posts) -
Link.
  • Konami are publishing.
  • Corobo and Apricot from the first game will return.
  • The characters will have more realistic proportions than in the first game.
  • The controls will be touch-based.
  • The game will be playable in Sony's booth at Tokyo Game Show.

#8 Posted by Icemael (6363 posts) -

The first screenshots:

#9 Posted by iDarktread (1189 posts) -
#10 Edited by Icemael (6363 posts) -
#11 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

I'm really looking forward to this :]

#12 Posted by jesterroyal (366 posts) -

It coming out tomorrow.

#13 Posted by biggiedubs (504 posts) -

I would really appreciate it if someone bought it and tell me if it was awesome or not. It'll probably greatly influence whether I buy a Vita or not.

#14 Posted by robcat09 (48 posts) -

Is this game going to be download only? none of the stores have it listed..

#15 Posted by BlackLagoon (1509 posts) -

@robcat09: It's download only in the US, but EU got a retail release.

#16 Posted by nohthink (1223 posts) -

I've noticed this, too. WHat is this game??

#17 Posted by Morningstar (2238 posts) -

The colour palette seems a little dull and washed out. Was hoping for something a little more vibrant. Wont stop me from buying it though, the first one was tons of fun.

#18 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

So what's this game actually called? Wikipedia and MobyGames gave me nothing.

#19 Posted by BlackLagoon (1509 posts) -
#20 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#22 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@TooWalrus:

Really? That's kinda lame. You're supposed to wait, like, twenty years before you get to call it New _______.

#23 Posted by BlackLagoon (1509 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: I'm not sure why you'd doubt this, a simple Google search turns up plenty of hits, but anyway - how about the official trailer:

#24 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:

@TooWalrus:

Really? That's kinda lame. You're supposed to wait, like, twenty years before you get to call it New _______.

If it makes you feel better, in Japan, it's called The King, The Demon King and the 7 Princesses: New King Story.
#25 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

If it makes you feel better, in Japan, it's called The King, The Demon King and the 7 Princesses: New King Story.

Needs more 王.

#26 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -
@Video_Game_King: I TOTALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS! 

I'd actually love to learn Japanese, but I'm working full time and finishing university right now, so I just don't have much free time to study it... Maybe after I graduate next year and I'm finally free, I'll pick up some rosetta stone or something. What would you recco- wait, I think you made a whole thread dedicated to learning Japanese at some point, eh?
#27 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

@Video_Game_King: I TOTALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS! I'd actually love to learn Japanese, but I'm working full time and finishing university right now, so I just don't have much free time to study it... Maybe after I graduate next year and I'm finally free, I'll pick up some rosetta stone or something. What would you recco- wait, I think you made a whole thread dedicated to learning Japanese at some point, eh?

Totally. I still stand by my bitching and claims about stoned Japanese girls.

#28 Posted by mtcantor (951 posts) -

So can anyone confirm if this is actually a brand new game or just a remake of the Wii game for the Vita? I've seen conflicting info.

#29 Posted by Coafi (1495 posts) -

@mtcantor said:

So can anyone confirm if this is actually a brand new game or just a remake of the Wii game for the Vita? I've seen conflicting info.

It's a re-imagining. What I've heard it's a new story, new gameplay, new art direction "anime", and of course touch controls.

#30 Posted by paulunga (2125 posts) -

7 Princesses, eh? So still plenty of hooking up and divorces in this one, then?

#31 Posted by ttocs (782 posts) -

It's called "New Little King's Story." The source? Me buying it last night. And it's good!

#32 Posted by FCDRandy (266 posts) -

So is this a download-only joint? I can't find it on Amazon, but it appears to be available.

#33 Posted by ocha (40 posts) -

I'm think it's download only. I cant find it at any retailers.

#34 Posted by ocha (40 posts) -

The Vita version is just as fun but boy did they tard up the story. I love the Wii version's less is more approach

#35 Posted by ttocs (782 posts) -

@FCDRandy said:

So is this a download-only joint? I can't find it on Amazon, but it appears to be available.

It's download only via the PSN.

#36 Posted by DeF (4975 posts) -

@ttocs said:

@FCDRandy said:

in the US. Japan and Europe get boxed copies.

#37 Posted by RoyCampbell (1096 posts) -

I wonder how different this iteration will be compared to the first. I say that because Cing and Marvelous previously worked together on Little King's Story.

#38 Posted by ttocs (782 posts) -

@DeF said:

@ttocs said:

@FCDRandy said:

in the US. Japan and Europe get boxed copies.

I wonder why the US didn't. The Wii version did pretty well here in the states I thought.

#39 Posted by Morrow (1829 posts) -

Isn't it supposed to be a sequel? Never played the Wii game, but considering how the characters treat each other, there is some background between them that makes me feel like I missed something. Or it's just bad writing :D

However, I like the mix of RPG and strategy/building. It's a retail game here in Europe btw.

#40 Posted by Palmlykta (228 posts) -

perhaps I should pick this up, I kinda liked the first one, but not that much... GB needs to get some capture equipment for the Vita so I can make informed buying decisions...

#41 Posted by FCDRandy (266 posts) -

Picked it up today, gonna play it at the office this evening. Forty damn dollars, man. Jesus.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.