Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

New Nintendo 3DS

Platform »

Nintendo's "New 3DS" adds some additional control functionality and horsepower, allowing for some games that can only run on the new hardware, not on Nintendo's original 3DS.

Any confirmation on when this is coming out in the US?

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

There is none. The only info we have ever gotten for a date was "sometime in 2015"

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/10/30/nintendo-explains-why-the-new-3ds-wont-hit-america-or-europe-until-2015/

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
    deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nintendo made a comment about Monster Hunter and it's relevance to the New 3DS, so I suspect they will come out side by side in some kind of co-marketing campaign relatively soon. Monster Hunter is speculated to be out late March, if you trust a few online retailers saying so. Hoping for an early 2015 release along side Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate myself. I want that Silver Monster Hunter themed new 3ds!

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vrikk: Why not just buy the Wii version?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@oldenglishc: The print run of the Wii version was fairly low, what with it being a delayed port that Nintendo begrudgingly put out in North America (using the Euro localization, so everyone is British as fuck) and was only distributed through Gamestop. It's scarce enough that the prices for it run pretty high, depending on where you look.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: Seventy five bucks is still a lot cheaper than a than a new 3DS.

Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: Seventy five bucks is still a lot cheaper than a than a new 3DS.

I want it for more than just Xenoblade, but it's still a nice enabler reason. The game itself will be cheaper than the Wii version, be "enhanced", and portable.

And again, new console. I could sell my 3DS XL to offset the price.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.