First review of New Super Mario Bros. Wii is in

#1 Edited by JJOR64 (19046 posts) -

It looks like the first review for one of the biggest Wii games of the year is out, kinda.  While it's not the full review, Nintendo Everything had the basics of it posted up on their site.  The Official Nintendo Magazine gave the game a 96% saying the "timeless Mario magic is present" and "looks and sounds incredible."  Another plus for me is that game isn't to easy.  ONM said "starts easy, ends hard as nails."  The only negative thing they had to say about it is that they wanted more Yoshi.

I'm definitely going to buy this game on day one as it's my most wanted game this holiday.  Let's hope that the newest Wii Firmware is fixed before the game launches.

#2 Edited by Milkman (17173 posts) -

If your website has a company's name in the title, your opinion doesn't matter. I'll wait for the real reviewers.

#3 Edited by AjayRaz (12460 posts) -
@Milkman said:

" If your website has a company's name in the title, your opinion doesn't matter. I'll wait for the real reviewers. "

this, i can never really trust em  

the game still looks kick ass though.
#4 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

ONM is just a subsite of C&VG (or some other outlet, I forget). The same article will probably go up on their main brand-free section. How that will make it more reliable is beyond me but whatever works for people.

#5 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -
@Milkman said:
" If your website has a company's name in the title, your opinion doesn't matter. I'll wait for the real reviewers. "
#6 Posted by nrain (1274 posts) -

I reckon it'll average an 85 or so, even if it's from a nintendo mag it's freaking mario bros of course it will be good.
#7 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
#8 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

They didn't seem to realise the lesser players can get inside their bubble so that the expert players can pass the tough spots they're having trouble in on their own if they mess it up. And who exactly that they played with wasn't a good Mario player in the CVG offices?!

#9 Posted by Willy105 (4691 posts) -
@Al3xand3r said:
" They didn't seem to realise the lesser players can get inside their bubble so that the expert players can pass the tough spots they're having trouble in on their own if they mess it up. And who exactly that they played with wasn't a good Mario player in the CVG offices?! "
2D Mario games are hard to play, you know.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.