is tihs game better than the ds version

#1 Posted by vuk49 (6 posts) -

i think is is the 4 player stuff is awsome and harder levels and yoshi

#2 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

Right...

Having played both I would say yes it's better.

#3 Posted by c_rakestraw (853 posts) -

Definitely. Though the two may share many similarities, the improvements and additions to Wii game make it much better than its handheld counterpart.

#4 Posted by Darkstar614 (1098 posts) -

Sigh. Troll. Posted another topic asking whether RE4 was better than RE5.

#5 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -
@Darkstar614 said:
" Sigh. Troll. Posted another topic asking whether RE4 was better than RE5. "
That's also a valid question. Not trolling.
#6 Posted by AjayRaz (12429 posts) -

for sure, 4 player madness FTW

#7 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -

Well, the DS version can be thought of as the travel size version of the game.

#8 Posted by Cerza (1653 posts) -

No. I think the DS one is better.

#9 Posted by GamersChair (4 posts) -

For me this one is way better. The DS one seems lacking in comparison. Though I will admit, I like that there's more to do with the special coins on the DS version.

#10 Edited by THE_END (466 posts) -

The DS version is better.  I hate controlling my character with the wiimote held sideways because it feels very awkward.  Also, the lack of retro gamepad support killed this game for me.  IF........and a big if we could play this game (including the propeller suit) with the retro gamepad only then would I say yes this game is better than the DS version.

#11 Posted by JonathanMoore (1858 posts) -

New Super Mario Bros for the DS is better. Simply because it was original. I know this sounds horrible, and Super Mario Bros Wii has a great level design throughout, but NSMB on the DS just felt fresh when it came out, playing this is more like having a stain on your T-Shirt and hiding it up with your Jumper.

#12 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

Sometimes when I play the DS game... I accidentally shake the DS because I want to get that extra hover jump...

#13 Posted by Tornac (134 posts) -

It most definitely is, but I only wish it came out on DS. It would have made more sense, as the reason I played so much of the first New Super Mario Bros. was because it was a great portable game that I could play anywhere.

#14 Posted by JonathanMoore (1858 posts) -

I personally prefer the DS version. I mean it was just more shocking at the time that you could play a new sidescrolling Mario game, with the Wii game it just seems like Novelty. Don't get me wrong it was fun, but more like a 3/5 for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.