Well, I have just 100% NSMBW and I thought I would share my thoughts on the game. I could do a user review but, I'm to lazy. to write a well thought out review. :P Instead of a written review here are some bullet points for what I liked about the game and what I didn't like.
What I liked:
- A new Mario platformer on the Wii.
- Has a simple, clean, and colorful look to the game which is nice.
- Looks awesome at 60 fps.
- Tons of great new levels
- Kooopalings are back.
- Epic final boss battle.
- While some of the music is old and some new, it still sounds very good.
- Classic sound effects.
- The super guide feature for new players. I never had the block appear for me, but it's great for new players.
- Sexy red case.
- Yoshi is back.
What I didn't like:
- Way to short. Any pro Mario player could be this in a day or two. The DS version was longer then this one.
- All the boss battles were to easy. Three hits and they were dead except for the final boss which was a little different.
- No classic controller support. Really?
- Nunchuck support. While some people may like it, I thought it felt very strange while playing the game with it. Stick with the Wii Remote and d-pad.
- The motion control stuff wasn't needed. I thought it was more frustrating using it then I thought it was going to be. Example: In 7-Fortress there is a moving platform going up and you control the platform with the Wii Remote. While you are doing that, you still have to move Mario with the d-pad. I thought it was annoying to multitask while moving the Wii Remote and trying to move Mario at the same time so I wouldn't die. I was more focused at moving the platform and watching the enemies when I should have just been moving Mario around and jumping on dudes so kill myself for some stupid reason.
- Not as difficult as people said it was. There were a few tough levels but, I thought it was a cake walk.
- It think it's fact that no one likes Bowser Jr. at all. It's really weird to see him with the Koopalings.
- Yoshi isn't used very much. Only like 5 levels or so.
For a new 2D Mario game to hit the Wii is great but, there were some problems. I'm not really sure if this should have cost $50. What I was thinking was 'What if this was a Wiiware game?" If this game was like a 2000 point (or cheaper) Wiiware game, it would easily be the best game on Wiiware. Maybe this game is just to big to fit onto the Wiiware service. Who knows. As a Mario nut job, I still bought the game and enjoyed it a lot. I still haven't checked out the multiplayer yet and I would still love to. Maybe I will be able to check it out during thanksgiving next week. Now to show off what happens when you beat the game with 100%.
When you get 100% in the game, the game says "You have completed everything in New Super Mario Bros. Wii" and on your save game it will show 5 stars.
Thanks for checking out this blog and hope you liked it. For those of you who bought the game, what do/did you think about it?