Early NXE For Everybody (Who Signed Up For It)

Posted by Jeff (3577 posts) -
Turn on the street theme to keep it "mad gully" in "tha hood!" "Word!"
Quick update tonight from Major "The Maj" Nelson, also known as Microsoft's Larry Hryb. If you signed up for that New Xbox Experience preview awhile back but didn't get selected in any of the previous waves, get ready. They're adding everyone to the cool kids list tonight, so if you properly filled out your entry with the correct console ID and serial number, you should be receiving the update sometime within the next few hours.

For everyone else, the updated dash will hit on Wednesday. At this point, I'm most looking forward to the rollout so we can stop talking about the "New Xbox Experience" and get on with our lives via the "Current Xbox Experience."
Staff
#1 Posted by Jeff (3577 posts) -
Turn on the street theme to keep it "mad gully" in "tha hood!" "Word!"
Quick update tonight from Major "The Maj" Nelson, also known as Microsoft's Larry Hryb. If you signed up for that New Xbox Experience preview awhile back but didn't get selected in any of the previous waves, get ready. They're adding everyone to the cool kids list tonight, so if you properly filled out your entry with the correct console ID and serial number, you should be receiving the update sometime within the next few hours.

For everyone else, the updated dash will hit on Wednesday. At this point, I'm most looking forward to the rollout so we can stop talking about the "New Xbox Experience" and get on with our lives via the "Current Xbox Experience."
Staff
#2 Posted by piecat (384 posts) -

Nice, I should be getting it tonight. I was a little skeptical at first, but now I'm quite excited.

#3 Posted by TooWalrus (13197 posts) -

Oh no! Two more days until I can make my cutesy avatar look-alike! Life's just not worth living!

#4 Posted by BD_Mr_Bubbles (1701 posts) -

i was shocked as hell when I got the update promt

#5 Posted by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -

yeah I signed a while back and My 360 is a happy lady right now  lol

#6 Posted by TheWorstPlayerEver (390 posts) -

i'm fine waiting the 2 extra days. Im still kind of indeferent on this NXE. I will have to wait and see I guess before I make my final impressions on it though

#7 Posted by DoctorTran (1562 posts) -

I got into the third wave so... congrats to those who got in early!

#8 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

#9 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

Yup, got it.

#10 Posted by Peacemaker (1104 posts) -

I have been playing with it for the past hour and I'm really enjoying it.  I know I still have to get used to where some things are and all that but it's already much faster and easier to use.  I'm definitely signing up for netflix now.

#11 Posted by lamegame621 (975 posts) -

AH!!! WHAT WILL I DO WITHOUT A VIRTUAL REPRESENTATION OF MY CHUBBY SELF??? Seriously though, I want to put Gears 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company on my HDD.

#12 Posted by sdauz (430 posts) -

is this really what 360 owners should be excited about? lol....im a 360 owner...and im stoked about this!!!

#13 Posted by John (828 posts) -

To me, this New Xbox Experience will always be new....

#14 Posted by piecat (384 posts) -

Yay, i'm downloading now.

#15 Posted by Joey2683 (359 posts) -

I signed up but no prompt. Is anyone else not have it yet that should?

#16 Posted by spiceninja (3062 posts) -

I signed up but I'm not getting a prompt to update.

#17 Posted by DJ_Lae (629 posts) -

Cool beans. I'm installing Fable 2 at the moment, since the first thing NXE enables me to do is shut that game the fuck up.

About damn time.

#18 Posted by Sil3n7 (1189 posts) -

Got my update! :)

#19 Edited by Brackynews (4083 posts) -

PLZ 2 GIVE USER CHOICE OF ALL FOUR BLADE THEME IMAGES KTHX!  NEEDS MA GEMMA.
Seriously, resemblance to Old Xbox Experience < 0.
But I likes it for what it is.

#20 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I never knew there was an opportunity to sign up. I feel out of the loop...

#21 Posted by HTTenrai (241 posts) -

Oh dammit! I knew I forgot something!

#22 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -

>_< should have signed up instead of listening to nelsons blog that they had filled up with enough beta testers! DAMN!

#23 Posted by JJ (172 posts) -

Even though it is only a day. At least I go the NXE before all my friends.

#24 Posted by Joey2683 (359 posts) -

When I signed up for this I entered my Serial Id and not my console Id, so no early update for me....damn it! What a waste of time.

#25 Posted by Smersh (228 posts) -

Any1 know if NXE is downloadable to disc for non-xbox live users?

#26 Posted by Red (5995 posts) -
John said:
"To me, this New Xbox Experience will always be new...."
Yeah, sounds a gazillion times better than The Xbox Dashboard.
#27 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4777 posts) -
Smersh said:
"Any1 know if NXE is downloadable to disc for non-xbox live users?"
unsure but likely it will, or be included on games in the future or OXM discs.
#28 Posted by NickDynmo (176 posts) -

If only it were possible to sign up for it. As soon as I heard about it (each time!), I got online to sign up, but was always faced with a "This page is unavailable" screen. Oh well. I can wait until 24 hours.

#29 Posted by Nintendude (283 posts) -

Ugh, it looks like to be the time to actually start using that horrible looking interface. Couldn't be less exited about this...

#30 Posted by HatKing (5947 posts) -

I would have signed up but everytime I tried that website was experiencing difficulties.

#31 Posted by darkjester74 (1576 posts) -
Smersh
on Nov. 18, 2008
Any1 know if NXE is downloadable to disc for non-xbox live users?

Traditionally Microsoft has made previous dashboard updates available in a downloadable ISO format.  I'm sure the same will be true here.
#32 Edited by AndrewB (7613 posts) -

And the only reason they're doing this is to alleviate some of the stress their servers will be taking come actual release date, by getting some of the crux out of the way sooner.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.