I'd really love to see some changes! =/

#1 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

It's not like Microsoft is actively perusing Giant Bomb's NXE forums; alas, I had the urge to put my grievances out there. The first one being that there isn't an ability to hide some of the windows. I don't care about the spotlight page and most others, all I'd like to see is "My Xbox" and also the Video/Game Marketplace windows.

And speaking of the video market place, I noticed a pretty strange anomaly. This being that there was about a one-or-two week period in which there was a James Bond movie collection available to download, and then comes along the week of Christmas and all the movies vanished from the marketplace, ne'er to return. Has anyone noticed this?

Lastly, I'm not a fan of the options given for "Notifications" in the "Preferences" category, or as those Capital One commercials affectionately refer to as cat'gries. The only option is to turn off all notifications, rather than individual notifications. I would like to turn off notifications for when friends log on, but still receive an alert when I unlock achievements. Or is this already available, and I'm just being 'tarded?

Anyway, yeah. Hows 'bout you?

#2 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

I would just like the lag in NXE to nearly be nonexistent. It certainly makes itself present.

#3 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -

I'm not a fan of anything in the NXE interface besides the new guide. Otherwise, nobody can sway my opinion that despite faster loading times (even though sometimes lists refuse to load at all...) the old dashboard was much better for sorting through new content and lists. This new one is just a giant advertisement. Also, see my old thread "The NXE will be shit" or whatever that was for reasons why the I thought the NXE would be shit (and is).

#4 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

I don't really care about the windows, at least it is easy to navigate.

i can't really think of anything bad to say about NXE, no lag for me, I think that it is great.

#5 Posted by bombHills (632 posts) -

It works ok.  Sometimes it can take a long time for your arcade games to show up in the list.  The new guide and party system work really well tho

#6 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
bombHills said:
"It works ok.  Sometimes it can take a long time for your arcade games to show up in the list.  The new guide and party system work really well tho"
It really doesn't though.
#7 Posted by damswedon (3191 posts) -

we don't have netflix in Europe so that's why the video market place is still there.
also would it kill them to give EU users something other than that Pratt "Mr pointyhead" (who's head isn't pointy) and crappy ign videos.

#8 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

i hate it when for some reason your private party kinda falls apart and you have to reinvite everyone

#9 Posted by DuhQbnSiLo (2139 posts) -

it lags when i have a party going, its annoying sometimes takes like 3-5 seconds to respond

#10 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -
RedSox8933 said:
"I don't really care about the windows, at least it is easy to navigate.i can't really think of anything bad to say about NXE, no lag for me, I think that it is great."
actually, when i am in a party, every half an hour or so, it will kick us all out of our own party, then we have to join back in, then we get kicked out AGAIN. its actually a huge pain in the ass.
#11 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3744 posts) -
Jayge said:
the old dashboard was much better for sorting through new content and lists. This new one is just a giant advertisement.
The newest dashboard has FAR less advertising than the original dashboard had, so why do you call it "just a giant advertisement"?

Jayge said:
"bombHills said:
The new guide and party system work really well tho"
It really doesn't though."
Explain.

#12 Posted by Captain_Fookup (1519 posts) -

I want to get rid of the "SPOTLIGHT" and "INSIDE XBOX" the only good to come out of that stupid feature is the brunette, I'd like to Frog Blast her Vent Core.

#13 Posted by Alexander (1721 posts) -

They would never get rid of "spotlight" and "inside xbox" as that's marketing.

I just want to see the thing WORK FASTER. I want an instant response when I hit that guide button, whether I'm at the dashboard or loading a CoD4 map.

#14 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -

I like the NXE a lot. Too many ads, though.

#15 Posted by Jayge_ (10221 posts) -
SpaceInsomniac said:
"Jayge said:
the old dashboard was much better for sorting through new content and lists. This new one is just a giant advertisement.
The newest dashboard has FAR less advertising than the original dashboard had, so why do you call it "just a giant advertisement"?

Jayge said:
"bombHills said:
The new guide and party system work really well tho"
It really doesn't though."
Explain."
Old advertisements were hardly ever in the way when you tried to navigate menus. I get way more annoyed at ads now that it's easy to click on them by accident and go to some company-sponsored marketing page instead of the game you were looking for. And I severely doubt that there are any less ads. There was never an entire channel dedicated to ads, with other channel's options leading into the far right being a mixture of actual products and annoying advertising segways. Advertising is worse than it ever was, even if it seems like less screen space is dedicated to it.

As for parties, they're broken. They don't hold up well at all. I'm in parties 98% of the time, and I have to reconnect and recreate parties with my friends around 10 times a day on average. Individual host connections play a part of it, but when you're not able to decide who you want to lead the party when you leave (succession based on who is under who is stupid) and private parties break all the time, it gets hectic and aggravating. It definitely doesn't deserve anything close to "working really well" as praise.
#16 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -
DuhQbnSiLo said:
"it lags when i have a party going, its annoying sometimes takes like 3-5 seconds to respond"
It lags for me every time signing in, giving me up to a 10 second delay before I'm in Xbox Live. Sometimes I think my console freezes.
#17 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -
Captain_Fookup said:
"I want to get rid of the "SPOTLIGHT" and "INSIDE XBOX" the only good to come out of that stupid feature is the brunette, I'd like to Frog Blast her Vent Core."
Chobot?
#18 Posted by Captain_Fookup (1519 posts) -
RedSox8933 said:
"Captain_Fookup said:
"I want to get rid of the "SPOTLIGHT" and "INSIDE XBOX" the only good to come out of that stupid feature is the brunette, I'd like to Frog Blast her Vent Core."
Chobot?"
I think so? she's got the perfect melons, the kind that fit in the grasp of your hand like a peach or an apple.
#19 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -
Captain_Fookup said:
"RedSox8933 said:
"Captain_Fookup said:
Chobot?"
I think so? she's got the perfect melons, the kind that fit in the grasp of your hand like a peach or an apple.
"
yeah, that's chobot.
#20 Posted by Lashe (1251 posts) -

I dunno.. I like the NXE tbh. It has never really failed to function for me and I seem to be able to find everything I want. Looks pretty in the process too. The only thing I'd maybe like to see is album art for my ripped cds/albums. Maybe an incorporation of something a kin to the Zune software?

#21 Posted by natetodamax (19207 posts) -

I hate basically everything about it

• Any themes that you purchased prior to the update are completely useless with the new layout
  • The new guide button freezes constantly and can take about 5 minutes to load profile information. I can't tell you how many times I've been kept from playing a game because I had to wait for the guide button to close
  • The avatars are simply stupid
  • The party system is conceptually nice but is horribly flawed. My friends and I constantly get dropped from parties for no reason at all, and a lot of the time we can't even connect to each other's party

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.