Midnight everywhere?

#1 Posted by burjeffton--defunct (112 posts) -

Is the NXE gonna drop in each separate time zone at midnight, or is Gates & Co. releasing it midnight PST?

#2 Edited by bekern (563 posts) -

Is it midnight? I though XBL updates at 2AM?
edit-ehh nevermind I gues this is different since it's coming out on a wednesday, sorry.
edit2-wtf am i an idiot or what just skip over this post please i have no idea what im doing

#3 Posted by Will1Lucky (408 posts) -
#4 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I would assume that the update will go live for everyone at 12AM PST like usual.

#5 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Sweet! It will be out at 11 for me. :-)

#6 Edited by daniel_beck_90 (3159 posts) -

hope you get it sooner since it really changes your  experience

#7 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

My XBL needs to get working properly for this. I really don't know why, but i'm looking forward to this all new dashboard. Probably because I don't have a job.

#8 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I got the update today since they gave it out to everyone who signed up for early access now...it takes a little getting used to, but I actually like it and it definitely doesn't take the hour it took to load up all my XBLA games like before.

#9 Posted by Rowr (5547 posts) -

WELL ITS NOT UP IN AUS YET SO I GUESS NOT

>:(

#10 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -
Rowr said:
"WELL ITS NOT UP IN AUS YET SO I GUESS NOT

>:("
Are you sure it just didn't get banned in AUS? ...Those avatars can where some pretty tight clothing. That could be a bit too sexual for you Aussies to take in...
#11 Posted by BinaryDragon (638 posts) -
Will1Lucky said:
"

2PM in the UK at least.

"
I expect 10AM UK. Just like their XBLA releases. Releasing it in the afternoon adds to the load of people downloading it. The earlier the better.

Less likely to have a build up of people trying to get it = Less likely to have server crash and brick Xboxes.
#12 Edited by Manks (836 posts) -

2 AM PST.  So do the math.  That's when they'll start rolling it out.  

#13 Edited by BinaryDragon (638 posts) -
Manks said:
"2 AM PST.  So do the math.  That's when they'll start rolling it out.  "
...10 am GMT...
#14 Posted by jakob187 (21665 posts) -
Kush said:
"Rowr said:

Are you sure it just didn't get banned in AUS? ...Those avatars can where some pretty tight clothing. That could be a bit too sexual for you Aussies to take in..."
^^^^^^^^^^That
I'm looking forward to the NXE, just to get a change of pace....but I'm NOT looking forward to updating 20 fucking Xbox stations.  *ugh*
#15 Posted by lamegame621 (975 posts) -
Kush said:
"Rowr said:

Are you sure it just didn't get banned in AUS? ...Those avatars can where some pretty tight clothing. That could be a bit too sexual for you Aussies to take in..."
hehe.
#16 Edited by Branthog (5563 posts) -

#17 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -
Branthog said:
"Kush said:
"Rowr said:

Spoken like someone who has probably never watched AUS television. They may be averse to VIOLENT content, but last I recall even their *commercials* have nudity."
Sarcasm...
#18 Posted by Rowr (5547 posts) -

CURSE YOU ALL!

#19 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

19 minutes guuuyyysss.

#20 Posted by 8xBiT (140 posts) -

10 minutes !

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.