Preview Xbox Themes

Posted by IncredibleBulk92 (936 posts) -

Interested in getting rid of that boring old Holiday Theme but don't want to just buy something at random only to find out that it's complete crap?

Theme Xbox to the rescue!  Save yourself from spending 250 points on the crappy Fable 2 themes by checking it out here.  It gives previews of what your friends list, media section and everything will look like.

A word of warning: the site is pretty bandwidth intensive.  It seem like it loads up a high res screenshot of every theme so if you still live under a rock and have dial up you definetely want to avoid this site.

The Forza 2 one is pretty cool.

EDIT (4/2/09): God Damnit! As soon as I post this blog they pull the site down!  How did I time that so badly?  I'll update this when they put it back up again

EDIT (27/4/09):  Hey! The site is finally back up, it seems to have had a pretty big revision.  Gone is the massive list of pictures.  It's been replaced by a much more friendly forum system with youtube videos.  It seems like it's all user generated now because the quality is all over the place.  Still, seems like a useful resource to theme purchasers.

#1 Posted by IncredibleBulk92 (936 posts) -

Interested in getting rid of that boring old Holiday Theme but don't want to just buy something at random only to find out that it's complete crap?

Theme Xbox to the rescue!  Save yourself from spending 250 points on the crappy Fable 2 themes by checking it out here.  It gives previews of what your friends list, media section and everything will look like.

A word of warning: the site is pretty bandwidth intensive.  It seem like it loads up a high res screenshot of every theme so if you still live under a rock and have dial up you definetely want to avoid this site.

The Forza 2 one is pretty cool.

EDIT (4/2/09): God Damnit! As soon as I post this blog they pull the site down!  How did I time that so badly?  I'll update this when they put it back up again

EDIT (27/4/09):  Hey! The site is finally back up, it seems to have had a pretty big revision.  Gone is the massive list of pictures.  It's been replaced by a much more friendly forum system with youtube videos.  It seems like it's all user generated now because the quality is all over the place.  Still, seems like a useful resource to theme purchasers.

#2 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Well, the site is down now temporarily. The Forza 2 one doesn't look too bad. I actually like the "Night" theme and have been using it for like the last 2 weeks. It's one of the free ones that was included with the original NXE update.

#3 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Sounds like a good idea for a site. It is down right now, but may I say for everyone to buy the BRAID theme. It is a great theme and the art style is great.

#4 Posted by CitizenKane (10507 posts) -

Sounds pretty cool.  I'll check it out when the site is up again.

#5 Posted by PureRok (4236 posts) -

Microsoft should offer a "preview" option in the first place. I know the reason they don't is so you buy something like a picture pack or a theme without knowing how much it sucks.

#6 Posted by Megalon (1392 posts) -
PureRok said:
"Microsoft should offer a "preview" option in the first place. I know the reason they don't is so you buy something like a picture pack or a theme without knowing how much it sucks."
Well for some stuff they do offer a preview on their website. At least, they used to. The problem was it wasn't everything, and it seemed like there was a major delay before new content would be put on there. 
#7 Posted by IncredibleBulk92 (936 posts) -

Yea I saw those previews on Xbox.com.  They were always quite small pictures as I remember too.  None of those problems with this site.  You're right the Braid theme looked really good.  I was actually considering getting it when I finally buy Braid next week along with a new points card

#8 Posted by natetodamax (19212 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.