So, who's in the preview program yet?

#1 Edited by FlamingHobo (4511 posts) -

After watching the Quick Look video I'm excited to use the new dash as it looks far more refined than the NXE is. Though I'm not quite sure about Avatar proportions, look slightly creepy to me.  

Just received my update! 

So, to those who are currently in the BETA, share your thoughts on the update in this topic.

#2 Posted by Zidd (1857 posts) -

I got accepted I will check tonight when i pop in Dead Rising 2 to see if i got the dash update.

#3 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4779 posts) -

likely no one, Since its not supposed to roll out till later today.

#4 Posted by Treythalomew (97 posts) -

I watched the quick look and the avatars look baddd. Although I hated the first ones but they grew on me. Hopefully the preview will be up when I get on tonight but the only thing that interests me is espn 3 and a hopefully snappier interface that actually loads my arcade games up in less than 15 seconds.

#5 Posted by FlamingHobo (4511 posts) -
@Treythalomew: Never thought of Arcade load times, hopefully they are quicker!

@WilliamRLBaker
said:
"likely no one, Since its not supposed to roll out till later today. "

Ah well, at least we have a topic to discuss it in now. (Rather than ten topics being made discussing the same subject.) 

#6 Posted by PS3RG (424 posts) -

I am accepted into the Beta program but I do not have the actual update yet. BTW I live in Canada Land.

#7 Posted by sarge1445 (677 posts) -

yea im in the states and nothing here yet

#8 Posted by FlamingHobo (4511 posts) -
@sarge1445: @PS3RG: 

Ah good, I was starting to think that Microsoft had missed me out!
#9 Posted by Nickness534 (75 posts) -

I got accepted, but I haven't gotten the update yet.

#10 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1417 posts) -

just updated

#11 Posted by FlamingHobo (4511 posts) -
@Ravenousrattler said:
"just updated "

Same here, thanks for the heads up!
#12 Edited by Peacemaker (1106 posts) -

I'm in, downloading now.

#13 Posted by suikoden352 (425 posts) -

i'm in as well. it's goin thru the second update part now.

#14 Posted by Zidd (1857 posts) -

I just got my prompt and im downloading.

#15 Posted by PS3RG (424 posts) -

In Canada and downloading now!

#16 Edited by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Not yet! 

Update: Okay, now. 

It's very clean. I like this. I'm a very clean person.

#17 Posted by Rockdalf (1293 posts) -

Pretty cool stuff.  Don't know how full the ESPN features will be in days to come but I'm enjoying the new interface.  Overall, I like this better than the last.

#18 Edited by WilliamRLBaker (4779 posts) -

yeah I got it, I just noticed something after playing with it for 2 or so hours....they've decreased the size of games again when you install them. army of two was 5.7 now its 5.1

I did a system format and am checking things out, doing the initial setup...it seems to be fluid and give you better options..Doesn't seem to want to let me recover my gamertag within the initial setup...
edit: once I finished initial setup I was able to recover my gamertag.

#19 Posted by D_Man_Taylor (110 posts) -

I got accepted and have the new dashboard update. However a friend of mine keeps trying to take the survey by clicking the link in the news story and it keeps popping up with a message saying the following: 

"The invitation you are using belongs to another registered account. If you believe you received this message in error, please try using another Windows Live ID/Passport account or contact mchelp@microsoft.com for additional assistance.  " 

Could it be that I registered on my computer and my friend tried registering on the same one? 

Any feedback would be awesome.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.