The NXE Style Guide

• 90 results
#51 Posted by Xander51 (126 posts) -

Well great.

Now I have to read all of them.

#52 Posted by Player1 (3871 posts) -

Yeah, now it will annoy me. Thank you Ryan Davis :P 

#53 Posted by lamegame621 (975 posts) -

haha...those are terrible. I think It's actually pretty funny in a tongue in cheek way.

#54 Posted by Warihay (481 posts) -

I got the NXE too. I think you are getting worked up over nothing Ryan. Those ads really have not bothered me so far.

#55 Posted by Jayzilla (2564 posts) -

ryan you obviously didn't get your nappy in that day. the nappy is your friend. embrace the nappy.

#56 Posted by Seanakin66 (158 posts) -

I guess I can't blame you, but all things considered, this ranks most closely to the annoyance that follows the time when someone first points out the right-pointing arrow in the FedEx logo, and henceforth it becomes the ONLY thing you see.

Also, perhaps Jeff "Robocop: A Documentary About Robotic Policemen" Gerstmann could subcontract his copywriting services?

#57 Posted by n00bosaurusRex (175 posts) -

Hah!  You can tell the ad writing dude didn't play portal.  "Break the Laws of physics"? Really?

GLaDOS: "Momentum, a function of mass and velocity, is conserved between portals. In layman's terms, 'Speedy thing goes in, speedy thing comes out'. "

#58 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2508 posts) -

Damn, ya know, I never realized it till now... but all of the taglines so far on xbox live primetime are pretty poor... and thse are even worse...

I just think because it's pre-release, they aren't trying too hard... but once the actual update rolls around, they might get better...

#59 Posted by Wright (637 posts) -

I want games without shackles! TELL ME MORE!

#60 Posted by Will (234 posts) -

Im just glad its fast and finally has the XBL party thing. Dont really give a crap about games to the HD.

#61 Posted by tmontana1004 (376 posts) -

Wow Ryan lol just wow.

#62 Posted by soul101 (105 posts) -

Personally I don't mind the ads, as long as they keep them out of my owned content and restrict them to the "Spotlight Blade".  I did find it funny you where talking about the Gears ad on the Dash, and I though you where talking about the Gears ad on your site..... that sounded like a slight against you but it was more of an observation (I want you guys to make all the money in the world and keep the site rolling) keep up the nitpicking I like doing it too.

#63 Posted by borgmaster (513 posts) -

damn, now this is gonna bother me, thanks a lot. you alos did the same thing with guitar hero by the way, and I would've liked that game too...

#64 Posted by taco484 (120 posts) -

"fugitives confront enemies"

is it just me, or could that be a tagline of at least 25-50% of games?
#65 Posted by SleepyDoughnut (1216 posts) -

Surmise the possibilities!

#66 Posted by Kyle (2323 posts) -

I think the Journey to the Center of the Earth card takes the cake. The top line is like the movie's title rephrased and then "awe-inspiring sites, grave danger" below it. Just brilliant. Thanks, Mr. Marketting Guy! I'll be sure to check that one out.

The sad part is that most of these don't even need text. Especially Gears 2 and Iron Man. Like . . . yeah, we know. But of course Microsoft would never let any less then 100% of their cards have two full lines of description. WE NEED TO HAVE A UNIFIED FRONT, PEOPLE!!! SHOW NO CRACKS!!

#67 Posted by Kyle (2323 posts) -

GEARS 2: NOW WITH JAW-DROPPING VISUALS!!!

#68 Posted by Dryker (500 posts) -

This is something new? Depending on what level of compositional artistry you happen to find yourself on, everything of a lower standard will seem amateur and even outright obnoxious. Try living in my head Ryan. The outrage never stops.

#69 Posted by superezekiel (58 posts) -

I thought I'd come in here loling at a stupid, tiny complaint.

But being a word-nerd myself, it's like they have no sense of eloquence in the slightest.
#70 Edited by StarwindX9 (145 posts) -

The whole NXE looks like a series of ads with a user interface buried under it. I understand the easy profit Microsoft would see by selling this effective ad space but honestly... I am already paying 15 dollars a month for something Sony offers for free. I don't want to see a bunch of ads outside of the marketplace. The blades worked... the NXE seems like yet another annoyance I can chalk up to playing a 360.

#71 Posted by JCD (26 posts) -

I'm sure it is just filler because the update has not even launched yet.

#72 Posted by AlucardaLaCarte (108 posts) -

Tony Stark Throws Big American Party!!!

#73 Posted by Snail (8607 posts) -

You'll have to learn to be a less of  learn how to be less of a needlessly obsessive lunatic. Sorry Ryan.

#74 Posted by Jerr (531 posts) -

Haha sounds like part of a haiku i wrote when i was 9

#75 Posted by Johnny5 (1355 posts) -

“Legendary Super Hero” and “Industrialist fights evil”

FOR MOTHER RUSSIAA!!!!

#76 Posted by Cheetoman (103 posts) -

ooook?

#77 Posted by HatKing (5981 posts) -

I know what you mean abou the word "includes"...that bothered me too.

#78 Posted by Psynapse (1064 posts) -

Hahaha you crack me up Ryan, but i see where you are coming from :D

I just wouldn't bother reading them anyway... I come to my GB (<3) for all of my gaming news/reviews etc anyway ;)

#79 Posted by Landmine (525 posts) -

Gears of War 2 "Above ground beefcakes shooting below ground beefcakes". Sounds kinda like they'd be selling you some hamburger meat. In-N-Out ftw!

#80 Posted by bekern (563 posts) -

LMAO some of those are hilarious. "Fugitives confront enemies" <- they couldn't they think of anything better???

#81 Posted by YT (13 posts) -

If this is the worst thing about NXE, we're doing good

#82 Posted by piropeople13 (399 posts) -

I am just pissed about the ads period.  Why do we pay for Xbox Live and then just get ads?

#83 Posted by darkjester74 (1581 posts) -

Now that I read them they do read suspiciously Engrish-like.  Hmmmm....

#84 Posted by destruktive (1069 posts) -

That's just like all other types of ads though :) kinda used to it all ready

#85 Posted by skudfisher (63 posts) -

"Surmise the possibilities" is now officially my new life motto...

They're like really bad haiku's

#86 Posted by PLWolf (926 posts) -

All the advertising dollars they have, I'm sure someone at Microsoft can come up with some better lines. Unless they're leaving this to the owners of the properties. If that's the case, they need to take over the duties and fast. lol

#87 Posted by killdave (1073 posts) -

Lol Ryan go play some computer games and chill :D

#88 Posted by kboy (126 posts) -

Sort of a minute complaint about it. I can sympathize, though. I'm more of a grammar Nazi than a word-nerd. Those descriptors do read pretty harsh.

#89 Posted by Keeng (1001 posts) -

I am completely on Ryan's side about this.

#90 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

Yeah pretty bad stuff, at least it doesn't bother much I guess.

#91 Posted by HTTenrai (241 posts) -

"Awe-inspiring sites"? Sites?

*HEAD EXPLODES*

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.